Missouri Health Care for All
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Missouri Health Care for All, a non-partisan, faith and community-based grassroots movement committed to securing access to affordable, high-quality health care for all Missourians is seeking a half-time Administrative Assistant. This person will work 20 hours per week from our office in St. Louis.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
This statewide organization was founded on a set of shared principles that every Missourian should have access to quality affordable health care. Now that the Affordable Care Act is law, we are working to:
- Educate Missourians about what is in the law.
- Work with decision makers to ensure that the new health reform laws are implemented well in Missouri.
- Protect access to health care and social services for Missourians who need them.
- Identify additional opportunities to improve healthcare access for Missourians.
ABOUT THE JOB
The successful applicant will be a motivated, reliable self-starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented. They will have strong customer services skills and be comfortable working on their own or with a diverse group of individuals. This individual will be comfortable working with social media and databases, including our donor and activist databases. They will also possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
The part-time administrative assistant reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support services. Those services include but are not limited to:
- Data entry and management including updating and maintaining the donor management system.
- Processing donor acknowledgment systems.
- Process payables and receivables.
- Acting as the “hub” and statewide point of contact for calls coming into the statewide 800 number and informational emails from endorsers, supporters, board members and other constituencies active in our work.
- Coordinate and provide administrative assistance by helping to create and send action alerts, tracking responses and general support.
- Help with volunteer recruitment by phone and email.
- Help maintain our online presence through Facebook, Twitter, and our new WordPress-based website.
- Help with writing and editing copy when needed.
- Manage multiple data management systems, including e-Tapestry, Quickbooks and Convio.
- Other duties as assigned. As a small organization, we ask all employees to be flexible and willing to pitch in where needed.
- Occasional in-state travel may be required.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Jen Bersdale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling bases. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Missouri Health Care for All is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any person on the basis or race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, military service, or any legally protected status.