YouthBridge Community Foundation
Business Development Officer
Are you tired of the traditional nonprofit development model? Are you ready to move beyond auctions, galas, golf tournaments, trivia nights and annual appeals? Do you excel at relationship building, problem solving and have a passion for philanthropy? If so, becoming a business development officer at YouthBridge Community Foundation may be the right move. The position offers you an opportunity to leverage our early successes and buildout a systemic business development process.
We offer a complete line of fee based philanthropy services and the primary responsibility of this position is sales and business development. Much of your work will involve helping families integrate philanthropy into their wealth management plans. Working closely with the CEO, your calling activity will focus on wealth advisors, businesses, private foundations and nonprofit organizations.
As a Business Development Officer, your time will generally be spent in the following areas:
- Sales and Business Development (70%)
- Client Service and Relationship Management (10%)
- Product and Practice Leadership (10%)
- Board & Committee Relations (10%)
Ideal candidates will possess experience in sales, business development, client management, donor stewardship, financial planning and/or charitable gift planning. Applicants from the fields of nonprofit development, wealth management or estate planning are encouraged to apply. This is a unique position that will appeal to professionals who enjoy working with a diverse client base on a variety of issues related to philanthropy.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with relevant professional certification; advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in wealth management, financial planning, nonprofit development or related field
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office, Salesforce CRM, Foundant or similar applications.
- Ability to understand and process sensitive and confidential documentation.
- Must possess good decision making skills and the ability to manage time with little supervision.
- Must produce quality, error-free work and take initiative to complete projects as needed or assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills – aptitude and attitude.
- Ability to work well with others including remote teams, but comfortable working independently.
- Exhibits dependability, good judgment, organizational skills, maturity and patience.
- Proven ability to manage large multi-faceted projects and work collaboratively with diverse constituents.
- Flexible, team player and willingness to “pitch-in” to help others.
- Positive and professional communication style.
- Strong skills in consensus building.
We are open to either full-time or part-time applicants.
Interested individuals must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should specify full-time or part-time and include your salary requirements.