Crossroads College Preparatory School
Communications Coordinator (Part-Time)
Crossroads College Preparatory School is an independent, co-educational, secondary day school located in the city of St. Louis. Our 229 students come from 45 different zip codes and more than 55 elementary schools including public, parochial, and private; 6% of our students come from foreign countries; and more than 50% of Crossroads students receive financial aid. Crossroads is committed to being an anti-biased, anti-racist community and seeks others who are committed to these values.
All schools should teach children and provide a safe place for learning and growth. At Crossroads College Prep, we do that and more.
1. Smart AND Good
Intelligence is a tool. It’s not enough to be smart. We expect our students to be smart AND good. Crossroads prepares students to be successful in college and to be actively engaged in the wider community. Our students think critically, solve problems creatively, and act with empathy.
2. Everyone Has a Voice
While many schools value diversity and kindness, Crossroads has created a culture where everyone has a place, a voice, and something to contribute. Students advocate for themselves and their beliefs with confidence, and learn to listen to and respect different people and ideas.
3. Small Is an Asset
Our size and culture foster authentic relationships and motivate students to discover common interests.
4. Flexibility Provides Balance
We combine challenging academics with athletics, the arts, chess, and other activities PLUS the ability to continue whatever outside interests our students choose to pursue. Our student body includes accomplished athletes, performers, and participants in top-level competitions and organizations.
5. The City Is Our Campus
We are proud to be located in the City of St. Louis, near Forest Park, Washington University, and some of the finest fields, courts, and museums in the region. Our campus extends beyond the walls of our building.
6. Be Yourself
When students know and understand themselves, they can tap into their full potential. At Crossroads, students spend time discovering passions and talents instead of focusing on where they fit in.
The primary focus and responsibility of the Communications Coordinator will be developing, coordinating, and executing plans for all Crossroads College Prep’s internal and external communications. This is a part-time position of approximately 20 hours per week. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Development.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive communications strategy targeting internal and external audiences, including students, staff, faculty, alumni, parents, community partners, donors, potential funders, and external stakeholders.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Crossroads’ voice, messaging, and brand to ensure consistent quality across print and digital platforms ensuring that all content adheres to branding guidelines.
- Design visually appealing and relevant content for electronic and print distribution, including invitations, ads, promotional items, banners, posters, and event programs.
- Cultivate, write, and disseminate stories which highlight Crossroads College Prep’s impact for all communication platforms
- Design and execute all Crossroads’ email communications including The Wednesday Notice, Crossroads’ weekly email newsletter
- Design and create content for a bi-annual newsletter and annual report for donors and friends of the School
- Manage Crossroads’ presence on Facebook, Twitter, and other appropriate social networking sites.
- Manage and maintain the Crossroads website using WordPress.
- Passion for the Crossroads mission
- One to three years experience in marketing, communications, or a related field. Non-profit or education experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or other relevant field preferred.
- Proficient in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, all common social media platforms, email marketing software, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with demonstrated organizational and project-management skills
- Ability to work effectively on a team and independently to see projects through to completion.
Crossroads College Preparatory School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Submit cover letter and resume by email to Allison Barudin, CFRE, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Coordinator Application”. No phone calls please. We appreciate all interested applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted.