Beyond Housing is a community development organization that helps entire communities become better places to live. We engage where we’re needed, focusing on building consensus among leaders, providing and preserving housing, fostering community structures that shape lives, and guiding systems that make people’s lives better. We bring together leaders and resources, volunteers and citizens, and pursue a wide assortment of creative approaches to build stronger, healthier communities for life.
Position Summary: The Staff Accountant is an important member of the Beyond Housing 24:1 Community Land Trust accounting team. An ideal candidate would be an experienced self-starter with an adaptable skill set who has strong attention to detail. The candidate must be able to think critically and logically as well as multitask with time sensitivity to deadlines. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the bookkeeping/accounting functions outlined below for the 24:1 Community Land Trust and its subsidiaries.
- Review the reconciling and recording of daily 24:1 Cinema operating results and the recording of all related expenses.
- Generate weekly reporting of ticket sales to studios and prepare check requests for weekly film rentals. Maintain sub ledgers for each film rental.
- Assist Senior Accountant in establishing all accounting systems and controls necessary for future retail endeavors.
- Reconcile and record daily retail operating results and record all related expenses.
- Maintain fixed asset records for all CLT related entities.
- Share responsibility for analyzing and recording transactions for the Construction Company.
- Prepare and maintain account analyses for various accounts for the CLT related entities.
- Maintain records of the CLT client mortgage payments and record all related reserve transfers.
- Monitor and maintain various monthly accruals and reoccurring entries for all entities.
- Review general ledger coding of all incoming invoices and expenses prior to input to the accounts payable system.
- Analyze and reconcile inventory accounts for 24:1 Cinema and future retail operations.
- Prepare documentation and schedules for external reporting and annual year-end audit.
- Assist Senior Accountant with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborative -- A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious -- A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical -- Strong analytical, systems, and problem solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable -- Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects and timelines. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Trusted -- Ability to work with residents, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions oriented attitude. Shares a deep respect for the community, its stakeholders and the residents that we serve.
- Driven -- Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting required
- Minimum of 4 years progressive accounting experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP financial software preferred
- Experience with not-for-profit financial accounting preferred
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Must demonstrate a history of quality completion of task in a timely manner.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. The 24:1 Community Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.