Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Purpose: The Marketing Coordinator should bring results oriented marketing strategies to this position utilizing both a traditional as well as social media marketing approach to achieve the best possible results. On a regular basis, this person should be able to multi-task while completing projects and meeting regular deadlines.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement strategic marketing activities for all Chamber programs, events and initiatives.
- Manage the overall development and maintenance of the Chamber website and all social media communications.
- Design, coordinate, write and proof read the weekly e-newsletter and e-weekly opportunities with input from Chamber team members to complete the project on time and accurately.
- Coordinate the advertising ads and layout of the quarterly Out & About publication.
- Write occasional press releases and author various Chamber stories and announcements to the media to include including publications, editors, reporters and journalists.
- Work with the Business Development Coordinator, Event Planning Coordinator and Member Services/Office Coordinator to insure that all aspects of the Chamber are considered in the Marketing strategies.
- Facilitate the Marketing committee.
- Update information and have knowledge of ChamberMaster system.
- Work with other staff members at all membership functions, i.e. First Thursday Coffee, Business over Breakfast, General Membership meetings, Business after Hours, all special functions and events of the Chamber.
- Facilitate the Chesterfield Young Professionals committee (CYP) for members of the Chamber under 40. Involvement includes marketing and working with other team members (Events Coordinator) in planning programs for the CYP.
- Attend outside events sponsored by chamber businesses and offer new and existing members the opportunities to further market their business by placing ads on our website, social media outlets, Out & About publication, as well as sponsorship opportunities.
- BS Marketing/Communications or combination of 5 years educational experience in related fields in Customer Service or Marketing preferred.
- Previous experience in website development and creation is required.
- Exhibit strong written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in delivering communications via social media, e-blast and traditional advertising methods.
- Knowledge of InDesign is highly preferred.
- Past experience with press releases, announcements to media, writing and proofing (publications, newsletter, and marketing materials) etc. is required.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Chamber members and team members to develop and execute all Chamber events and programs.
- Must be able to attend Chamber events on weekend, early morning and week nights as needed.
- Strongly motivated self-starter who is able to work as a team member and independently is required.
- Must exhibit strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a personal automobile and valid automobile insurance is required.
- Non-exempt, hourly. Approximately 30 to 40 hours a week.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Nora Amato, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org