The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis
Box Office Manager
The Box Office Manager provides daily leadership and oversight for operations of The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis’ Box Office. This includes development of policy, management of the ticketing system, supervision of staffing and coordinated efforts that affect the entire sales environment. This position is full time and reports to the Marketing Director.
Work hours are primarily daytime Monday through Friday; although the schedule will fluctuate from week-to-week to include supervisory shifts during evening and weekend performances.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons, including handling elevated customer concerns, responding promptly to customer questions and needs.
- Hire, train and supervise all full-time, part-time and seasonal staff.
- Schedule work hours/shifts of all box office personnel – day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Lead periodic seller training.
- Conduct annual employee evaluations of all full-time, part-time and seasonal staff.
- Administer internal communication to disseminate information on public events as well as all policy and promotional changes to box office staff, who work varied schedules.
- Function as a ticket seller during peak sales periods.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Ticket System Functions & Sales Oversight:
- Perform ticketing setup functions: event builds, packages/bundles, promo codes, unique URL sales, online sales, ticket faces/templates.
- Oversee subscription sales procedures and operations, including subscription seating and ticket mailing.
- Setup and manage sales promotions with Marketing Department.
- Monitor and evaluate ticket pricing and seating capacity utilization in coordination with the revenue pacing team.
- Provide patron data qualifying procedures and oversee data quality control protocol for the Box Office.
- Work with the Development Department to advance and oversee donation procedures for the Box Office.
- Provide staffing back-up to group sales position, when needed.
Box Office Administration:
- Set up, monitor and maintain the phone system: phone schedules, open/closed messages.
- Monitor and reorder ticket stock and ticket envelopes.
- Monitor and reorder ticket inserts and box office forms.
- Monitor department’s budget for labor and materials.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong training skills.
- Ability to represent organization with discretion, confidentiality and a professional attitude.
- Strong project management skills: detail and deadline oriented, well-organized, able to handle multiple projects.
- Self-starter and can work independently on all Box Office functions.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Candidates with no degree but substantial, related work experience will be considered.
- Minimum two years Box Office and ticketing software experience required.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and related software.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary history and information on which ticketing system(s) you have worked with to:
No Phone Calls