Tower Grove Park
Director of Development
- Provide leadership and coordination for development and fundraising activities, including working with the Executive Director, Friends of Tower Grove Park Board, and the Board of Commissioners.
- Manage external communications and public relations.
- A highly responsible and visible position which includes varied duties.
- This is a full-time position.
- Normal Park Office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday; attendance at evening and weekend events is expected.
- Develop and implement the organization’s fundraising plan to meet annual and strategic long-range goals.
- Create and attain budgets and goals for all fundraising campaigns, including direct appeal, corporate/foundation, individual major gifts, special events, and planned giving.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits major gift individual and corporate donors through structured annual giving program.
- Develop and implement appropriate donor recognition opportunities and activities.
- Oversee the production of compelling fundraising support materials.
- Manage Planned Giving program
- Plan and implement a major fundraising event, as well as donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Oversee grant program.
External Affairs Responsibilities
- Oversee production of print and digital promotional materials.
- Coordinate website updates, photography, and copy.
- Ensure compliance with style guide for all marketing materials.
- Oversee creation and distribution of press releases.
- Serve as contact person for the Park to press.
- Ensure that social media accounts are monitored and kept current.
- Oversee production of Annual Report.
- Create and manage departmental budget, including setting revenue goals and expenses.
- Manage Membership Officer staff position and Development Associate.
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Marketing & Development Committee; prepare all materials and create and distribute meeting minutes.
- Develop and update policies as needed with regards to gift acceptance, social media, and other issues.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, procedures, policies, and activities of Tower Grove Park.
- Must have ability to work under sometimes fast-paced stressful situations in a courteous and professional manner.
- Professional personal presentation, organized, reliable, and have an attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of fundraising concepts and demonstrated success in fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be capable of inspiring and motivating volunteers, prospects, and donors.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- 5-10 years relevant experience and proven record of setting and achieving annual fundraising goals.
- Entry and reporting experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar constituent relationship management (CRM) software, or other database experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office and online email marketing tools required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Project oriented, able to handle several tasks at the same time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Tower Grove Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary based on knowledge and experience
Resumes are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Tower Grove ParkSt. Louis, MO 63110
4256 Magnolia Avenue
Attn: Director of Development
Contact Bill Reininger at 314-771-8303 for additional information or questions.