Saint Louis Fashion Fund (SLFF)
Director of Development
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategy Development: In consultation with the Executive Director and the Board, develop and execute a comprehensive development strategy that meets SLFF’s annual operating goals and lays continuing groundwork for increasing contributed revenues.
- Major Gifts: Spearhead major gift fundraising. Devise and implement aggressive new strategies to acquire, renew, and upgrade major donors; devise program-based fundraising initiatives to attract and retain major donors and increase their loyalty. Oversee prospect research efforts and manage a portfolio of major donors.
- Individual Giving: Manage the annual giving fundraising program including the Design Circle and its associated benefits.
- Institutional Fundraising: Manage the organizations diverse relationships with State government (tax credits), foundations and corporations for continued success in institutional fundraising. Supervise the research and timely preparation of all foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals, and oversee grant stewardship, administration, and reporting.
- Board Relations: Work with senior leadership to motivate and strengthen the Board in its role in development; expand, manage and coordinate the board members and other volunteers’ involvement in fundraising activities. Participate in Board strategic and organizational planning. Assume an active role in serving and supporting the Board and Board committees.
- Special Events: Work closely with staff, trustees, and other volunteers to maximize the effectiveness of SLFF’s special events.
- Campaign Planning: Devise and implement strategies to support the organization’s ongoing capital campaign fundraising efforts.
- Staff Management: Build, train and supervise an enthusiastic development team. Recruit staff as necessary, and actively coach and mentor direct reports to succeed.
- Financial Management: Formulate annual development budgets, track financial performance, prepare the necessary interim financial reports and fundraising projections, and control department expenditures.
- A Bachelors or higher degree from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of five years of senior development leadership experience
- A track record of successfully closing major gifts and exceeding contributed income goals in a sophisticated donor environment
- Experience managing staff and working effectively within a fast-paced, creatively-driven organization
- Strong planning, strategy, financial, budgeting, analytical, and communication skills
- Knowledge of the visual arts and the related arts, and a passion for SLFF’s mission, programs, and future plans
Compensation: Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To formally apply, please submit the following materials electronically to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Resume with salary history
- Three (3) professional references, who will not be contacted without the approval of the candidate
All inquiring and materials will be confidential. Applications will be acknowledged. Please do not mail hard copies.