Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis seeks a Museum Educator to join its full-time staff. This position is the primary facilitator of exhibition tours and workshops for on-site school visits, tour groups, and the public. The Museum Educator is also the lead instructor for—and manages all aspects of—CAM’s Immersive Learning programs for ages 9–18: New Art in the Neighborhood, Teen Museum Studies, LEAP Middle School Intensive, and Summer Art Camps. S/he is responsible for developing and implementing studio art and career-based curriculum, coordinating with teaching and visiting artists, and documenting, evaluating, and reporting on each of these programs. Other duties include conducting staff tour training for seasonal exhibitions, coordinating with university and lifelong learning groups, and assisting with CAM’s Youth & Family programs, including Stroller Tours, Morning Play Dates, and Family Days.
This a highly visible role to the public that reports to the Director of Learning and Engagement and works closely with the School and Community Programs Manager. The Museum Educator supervises hired artists, educators, and collaborators; Learning and Engagement interns (seasonal); and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Teaching experience with high and/or middle school students and adult audiences
- Strong interest in and knowledge of contemporary art and culture; practicing artist with history of exhibiting work preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work strategically and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in photo and video editing software (Adobe Creative Suite) preferred
- Flexible schedule to accommodate weekends and some evenings (Five-day workweek is Tuesday–Saturday during the school year)
Compensation: This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Museum Educator.”
About the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis (CAM) presents, supports, and celebrates the art of our time. It is the premier museum in St. Louis dedicated to contemporary art. Focused on a dynamic array of changing exhibitions, CAM provides a thought-provoking program that reflects and contributes to the global cultural landscape. Through the diverse perspectives offered in its exhibitions, public programs, and educational initiatives, CAM actively engages a range of audiences to challenge their perceptions. It is a site for discovery, a gathering place in which to experience and enjoy contemporary visual culture.
CAM is an equal opportunity employer.