Cornerstones of Care
Outpatient Therapist I / II - St. Louis
Cornerstones of Care is currently hiring 2 full-time therapists as part of an expansion of our Outpatient Therapy Services in the St. Louis area.
Provides professional therapy services, including individual, group, and family in addition to crisis management as needed. Part of a dynamic behavioral health treatment team focused on resolution and healing. This position includes some traveling to the clients’ homes.
The Cornerstones of Care Family of Agencies is committed to the Sanctuary Model, a comprehensive trauma-informed method for creating change and helping individuals heal from traumatic experiences. It is a whole system approach built around the framework of SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss, and Future). It is designed to facilitate the development of structures, processes, and behaviors on the part of staff, children and the community as a whole that can counteract the physical and psychological wounds suffered by the children, youth, and families in our care. The ultimate outcome of a trauma informed philosophy is the creation of safe, therapeutic living and working environments for our clients, families, agency members and ancillary providers which espouse the proactive principles of growth, change, and empowerment of the individual for the betterment of the community. Each employee across our family of agencies has the responsibility to demonstrate the tenets of the Sanctuary Model in their work with clients and in their interaction with other team members. Demonstrating these tenets is considered an essential responsibility for all staff in all positions across our family of agencies.
- Develops treatment plan by establishing treatment goals with the client; determining treatment methodologies.
- Monitors progress toward treatment goals by evaluating and adjusting services provided.
- Assures quality service for clients by enforcing rules; regulations, and legal requirements with clients; documenting events of the therapeutic process in a confidential manner.
- Maintains agency credibility by establishing working relationships with sponsoring, advisory, and related service agencies.
- Promotes the agency by ensuring an understanding of program services available for clients; publicizing activities and accomplishments; adhering to a professional code of ethics.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Provides a clinical experience for interns by negotiating learning objectives; supervising practice and caseload management; teaching theory and its application; evaluating skills and personal and professional growth; ensuring identification with the profession.
- Contributes to team effort by consulting with other professionals; accomplishing related results as needed.
- Computer literate and high knowledge of various computer software programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Therapeutic techniques and knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of child development, diagnosis, and being trauma-informed.
Education Level: Master’s Degree in social work, counseling or psychology.
Other minimum requirements: Professional licensure (e.g. LCSW, LPC.)
Years of Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience
Must possess, or be willing to attain CPR, First Aid, and Safe Crisis Management (SCM) Training (with sufficient passing score) within 2 weeks of hire date.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, lift, push, pull, scoot, carry and move 30lbs or more.
In addition to the above requirements, incumbent must:
- Complete Sanctuary training in a timely manner;
- Have a valid driver’s license and proof of current vehicle insurance;
- Follow all agency policies;
- Be able to pass State Abuse, Neglect and criminal background checks;
- Be able to carry out the essential functions of the position with, or without, accommodation.
- Perform all job duties in a manner which demonstrates a commitment to Sanctuary values and practices.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of cultural and ethnic diversity of clients, staff and other community partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Therapist is responsible for the following direct reports:
Qualified candidates should submit their application and resume to the Cornerstones of Care website https://cornerstonesofcare.org
Questions regarding this opportunity should be directed to Cornerstones of Care Human Resources 816 508 1700