Patron Services Specialist (Part Time)
The Patron Services Specialist is a highly visible position that works on the front line at COCA to greet patrons, faculty and visitors. Additionally, this position provides leadership to facilitate a positive and safe experience for all participants. This position alternates between representing COCA as the Desk Manager and serving as Floor Manager.
- Provide leadership to effectively enforce institutional policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment/event. Recommend additional ways to create a secure environment.
- Greet and engage students, parents, faculty, patrons and building visitors in a friendly pro-active manner. Encourage feedback about their experience at COCA, promote other opportunities to participate.
- Be knowledgeable about the range of programs/events happening at COCA.
- Answer phones and direct calls.
- Monitor and adhere to visitor and faculty sign-in policy.
- Send and receive packages and other items via UPS, FedEx, USPS, or courier.
- Maintain professional appearance of the reception area by keeping area organized and stocked.
- Promote and sell COCA merchandise.
- Call Vendor/Service as needed for copier, vending machines, medical supplies.
- Complete projects and clerical tasks assigned from internal departments.
- Open and/or close the building according to procedure.
- Daily housekeeping duties.
- Support daily building operations and schedule.
- Provide customer service/support regarding classes/camps/performances.
- Communicate schedule/room/and operations related information to faculty.
- Assist in calling students should a class need to be cancelled.
- Print and distribute course attendance sheets at the start of each semester and pre-determined intervals during the semester.
- Review attendance sheets, follow up with unregistered students. Contact faculty if needed.
- Complete data entry for make up sheets in ActiveNet.
- Multi-line phone
- Copier/fax machine
- Postage machine
- Light controls
- Minimum high school diploma
- Excellent oral communication
- Experience with Microsoft Office especially Outlook
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs
- Ability to circulate around building on foot and navigate stairs
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter, resume to email@example.com using Patron Services Specialist in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is part-time, hourly, and requires primarily weekends and evening availability, though some daytime calls are required.