The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL)
Assistant Executive Director of Membership and Marketing
Overview: The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL) is seeking a dynamic, hardworking, self-starter to lead the association’s marketing and membership efforts. The Assistant Executive Director of Membership and Marketing is a member of the management team and is primarily responsible for leadership and involvement in the community to promote the legal profession, developing and implementing membership recruitment and retention strategies for BAMSL, and developing and implementing internal and external communications and marketing strategies for BAMSL and the Saint Louis Bar Foundation.
BAMSL is a Missouri not-for-profit association founded in 1874, the members of which are principally attorneys practicing in the St. Louis metropolitan area. BAMSL brings over 6,000 lawyers, legal professionals, and law students together to maintain high professional standards, encourage professional and personal growth, build cooperation, foster mutual respect, improve the administration of justice, promote the rule of law, and provide law-related education to the community.
- Develop community relationships and promote the legal profession.
- Direct Association and Foundation communications and marketing strategies.
- Serve as Managing Editor of the monthly St. Louis Lawyer magazine.
- Market the Association and Foundation, their missions, membership, and events.
- Develop annual communications plan for Communications Committee Advisory Board.
- Prepare weekly email newsletter.
- Coordinate and promote media relations, including but not limited to, press conferences, media advisories, developing informational materials, reservations, and crafting talking points and/or speeches.
- Cultivate media contacts and relationships.
- Respond to media calls, including but not limited to matching members to topic experts.
- Draft news stories and releases.
- Create brochures, flyers, and advertisements.
- Develop and implement social media communications strategies.
- Craft video scripts, conduct interviews, and produce videos.
- Take and process photographs.
- Serve as primary website contact.
- Serve the communications needs of other departments, as needed.
- Develop and execute strategies to market value of membership and member benefits.
- Promote sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
- Proof electronic and printed materials for accuracy.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- 4 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
- Association, non-profit, or journalism experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Project or program planning and management experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Full job description available at http://www.bamsl.org/docDownload/730919.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.