Cardinal Ritter College Preparatory High School
Bus Driver (Part-time/Full-time)
2017/2018 SCHOOL YEAR
Start Date: August 1, 2017
- Vision in both eyes. Driver cannot be a diabetic on insulin.
- A current State of Missouri driver license and original Social Security card with same last name on both documents is required.
- Complete lifetime driving history from any state in which you held a driver’s license.
- Obtain a certified Missouri driving record in the Saint Louis City or County
- Five (5) years of verifiable driving experience.
- Good driving record. No DUI conviction in past fifteen (15) years.
- Copy of Diploma or GED is required.
- Must possess a commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- To transports students to and from school activities, following a pre-planned route according to a definite time schedule.
- Regulates heating equipment and ventilation of bus for comfort of passengers.
- Drives bus carefully and in compliance with traffic regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety of school children in loading, unloading and transporting them to and from school activities.
- Instructs children in safety precautions and practices.
- Signals children when to cross street or highway and assures that children are safely across upon departure from bus.
- Maintains discipline; reports unruly behavior to principal of school or to supervisor.
- Inspects bus. reports delays and accidents.
- Keeps operational records and makes simple reports.
- Reports defects or problems with vehicle to facilities manager.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations, and of the precautions necessary to avoid accidents. Ability to operate a bus in a safe and economical manner. Ability to understand and carry out instructions and to perform work requiring good physical condition. Ability to relate to students, parents and school system personnel. Ability to complete various forms and records, including updated route sheets, time sheets, field trip forms, incident and accident reports, etc.
Training and Experience: Graduation from a high school or completion of GED. Completion of first aid and driving courses. Training on highway safety rules and regulations.
Licenses or Certifications: Appropriate State of Missouri Driver license (CDL). Completion of a performance test in school bus operation. Must pass an annual physical examination.
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Interested individuals mail resume, references, letter of interest, college transcripts, copy of certification and other documents to:
Randy Reed, Athletic Director
Cardinal Ritter College Preparatory High School 701 North Spring Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108