St. Louis Public Radio | 90.7 KWMU
Digital Media Specialist
Application Deadline: June 20, 2017
The digital media specialist is the primary steward and power user of STLPR's email marketing tool, Emma. The successful candidate will show the capacity to both identify and execute high-value, one-off campaigns and to build the systems, automation workflows, and templates that support strong ongoing audience engagement. Candidates should be adept at all stages of development of email marketing -- from design, layout, and copywriting to targeting and list management, including database maintenance. The successful candidate will be both creative and proactive in building subscription lists and creating deeper audience engagement with content.
This position is also responsible for push messaging on the station mobile app, implementing online promotional and fundraising messaging and campaigns, and supporting other digital products as needed. The successful candidate will work at the intersection of St. Louis Public Radio's news, programming, marketing/events, and fundraising departments to grow our audience, deepen user relationships, and ultimately encourage users to become donors. This role requires devotion to data-driven decision-making, an understanding of database and CRM structure and functionality, and a focus on audience service.
- Create targeted emails to market station events, programming, news content, and special projects;
- Implement tactics to grow email subscription lists and create deeper engagement with content;
- Assist in the development of automated membership cultivation and stewardship emails for new members and prospects;
- Design and layout fresh, eye-catching emails and other digital communications;
- Write concise and interesting copy for digital communications;
- Organize contacts and content in email marketing tool to ensure that STLPR follows best practices in list management;
- Train users on email marketing tool and ensure it is used to best advantage;
- Write and schedule push messaging on station mobile app;
- Assist in membership database maintenance;
- Assist in developing and maintaining membership web platforms;
- Conduct A/B tests and tailor communications accordingly;
- Ensure delivery of scheduled underwriting messaging on digital products;
- Create reports on performance of digital content and campaigns;
- Assist in other digital media and station projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field;
- 1-3 years work experience in digital media communications;
- Demonstrated success in email marketing and marketing automation campaign execution;
- Experience with CRM database maintenance;
- Ability to edit HTML, CSS;
- Ability to write compelling copy;
- Ability to edit graphics and create eye-catching, responsive layouts;
- Ability to work effectively across internal departments.
- Experience with Emma;
- Experience working with A/B testing tools;
- Self-motivated, self-starter with an unflappable attitude;
- Experience in media/news industry.
St. Louis Public Radio is a service of the University of Missouri - St. Louis, and all candidates must apply online through UMSL. Job ID: 23198.
HOW TO APPLY
Completed applications must be submitted in order to be considered. For additional information call: (314) 516-5804.
Applications for on-air positions will not be accepted without a non-returnable audition CD (including both produced reports and host/news anchor work).
St. Louis Public Radio and The University of Missouri-St. Louis are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers committed to excellence through diversity.