Covenant House Missouri
Donor Relations Officer
WHO WE ARE
Each day, Covenant House Missouri works to empower youth who are disconnected to design their own path from homelessness to opportunity. We are an open intake agency committed to providing help and hope to young people ages 16-21. Through integrated programs focused on the complex needs of the population we serve, including mental health, education, employment, and life skills, we strive to be a place of home and direction for young people who are at risk.
We are looking for a results driven process oriented Donor Relations Officer to execute advancement and stewardship activities which develop and deepen engagement with our donors. The successful candidate will ensure donors’ involvement with the organization in a manner which reflects the mission, philosophy, and policies of Covenant House Missouri. This position plays a key role in fostering donor relationships and assisting with general fundraising activities. The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience and must be able to work independently and successfully complete projects and resolve problems. Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and superior service skills are essential.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
(Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following)
- Will manage a portfolio of donors and provide timely and appropriate stewardship.
- Create individual goals for each donor within his or her portfolio based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Create an annual written stewardship plan for each donor in portfolio that is comprehensive and includes communications with and goals for each donor.
- Will faithfully and on a timely basis execute that plan so portfolio donors are retained and there is a gradual increase in their giving.
- Work with program and the communications department to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals, and asks that will be used with persons on the portfolio to secure gifts.
- Will create monthly reports as required by management that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance.
- Will prospect new donors and engage volunteers and board members as part of possible campaign team.
- Will perform other major donor activities as may be required.
- Frequent and regular internal contact with all CHMO staff, outside contacts with vendors and suppliers, outside agencies, the public and the community.
- Interact on a daily basis with advancement team members
- Frequent and regular contact with the Board of Directors and outside donors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in a Non-Profit Human Services agency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to create reasonable financial goals for each donor, which is based on the donor’s giving and their potential.
- Ability to create a personal contact and ask plan that takes into account the individual donor’s interest, motivations, giving patterns and ask preferences, for each donor on the caseload, in a timely and cost-effective manner, and retains and upgrades donors.
- Ability to secure project and organization information and create and write effective offers, proposals and asks.
- Working knowledge of DonorPerfect or related software and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to write information that can be shared with donors to demonstrate their impact on the youth we serve.
- Ability to create timely reports that reflect portfolio and DRO performance.
- Ability to manage people, process, deadlines and budget while adhering to the policies and procedures of the Covenant House Missouri.
- Ability to get along with peers, subordinates and management and maintain a positive and constructive attitude while solving problems.
- Ability to protect the mission, goals and values of the organization.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Karen George-Scherr at firstname.lastname@example.org