St. Louis Public Library Foundation
Reports to: Director of St. Louis Public Library Foundation
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Overview: The Development Manager is a mid-level position within a four-person development team responsible for raising philanthropic support for the St. Louis Public Library through the management of all annual giving programs. This includes donor recruitment, cultivation, and stewardship, grant writing and management, and meeting fundraising objectives in support of the Library’s strategic plan.
- Provide leadership, coordination, implementation, and oversight of all St. Louis Public Library Foundation annual giving programs:
- Friends of St. Louis Public Library, including; Tennessee Williams Society-leadership giving group and Young Friends of the St. Louis Public Library.
- Tribute Fund
- End of Year giving campaign
- Identify prospects, research and analyze development options in order to predict business opportunities. Manage a personal portfolio of prospects.
- Develop, execute and monitor development strategies to enhance cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Coordinate research, writing, tracking, and reporting for all grants written in support of the Library Foundation’s annual fundraising goals and objectives.
- Communicate the mission of the St. Louis Public Library Foundation with staff, volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and prospective donors with mission outcomes.
- Accountable for all activities within the areas of responsibility, assuring all tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Assists Director with major gifts, capital projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with donor management systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills with experience developing donor communications.
- Experience managing direct mail.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be a self-starter, performing well under pressure while managing multiple tasks.
- Some evening and weekend work flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of non-profit fundraising experience with a proven record of accomplishment in achieving measurable financial results.
The St. Louis Public Library employs over 400 full-time and part-time employees working together to accomplish the library’s mission of providing resources and services that support and improve individual, family and community life.
SLPL has 17 locations that serve 79 communities in City of St. Louis and sees more than 2.3 million visitors each year. The Library system has more than four million books and items in its collection and more than 83,000 Library cardholders.
St. Louis Public Library offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should forward a resume or application to:
St. Louis Public Library
1415 Olive St.
St. Louis, MO 63103