St. Louis Public Library Foundation
Communications and Sponsorship Coordinator
Reports to: Director of St. Louis Public Library Foundation
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Overview: The Communications and Sponsorship Coordinator is a mid-level position within a four-person development team responsible for raising philanthropic support for the St. Louis Public Library. This position is responsible for the development and management of printed, digital and multi-media communications, securing sponsorship for library programs and events, and the coordination of all Foundation events.
- Support Library Foundation team in the development of messaging and content in donor communications that support the Library Foundation’s work plan and mission.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage production of quarterly e-newsletter and annual donor recognition report.
- Coordinate and manage the production of all Friends premiums.
- Manages all in-kind and paid media advertising.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage all Library Foundation print projects.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of Library Foundation marketing and events using various analytic and/or survey tools.
- Provides necessary research data on individual, corporate, and foundation prospects.
- Works with Foundation team to assure proper acknowledgement of all donations.
- Partner across the organization as needed to support strategic efforts.
- Participates in donor cultivation and relations.
- Develop and execute strategies to secure sponsorship support of key library programs and events.
- Generate proposals for corporate and individual sponsorship of library programs and events.
- Coordinate sponsorship of St. Louis Public Library Foundation fundraiser.
- Manage volunteer event committee for gala held every two years.
- Coordinate content and theme development including graphics and collaterals development and support for fundraiser held every two years.
- Develop and manage all aspects of event budgeting and pricing.
- Coordinate ticket sales and all revenue for fundraiser.
- Coordinate publicity and marketing of fundraiser.
- Coordinate and manage all event logistics.
- Coordinate and manage all donor events.
- Coordinate event volunteers and staff.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills with experience developing donor communications.
- Experience in event planning.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creative thinking.
- Ability to be a self-starter, performing well under pressure while managing multiple tasks.
- Some evening and weekend work flexibility
- Event planning Committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, with a proven record of accomplishment in achieving measurable financial results.
The St. Louis Public Library employs over 400 full-time and part-time employees working together to accomplish the library’s mission of providing resources and services that support and improve individual, family and community life.
SLPL has 17 locations that serve 79 communities in City of St. Louis and sees more than 2.3 million visitors each year. The Library system has more than four million books and items in its collection and more than 83,000 Library cardholders
St. Louis Public Library offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should forward a resume or application to:
St. Louis Public Library
1415 Olive St.
St. Louis, MO 63103