Saint Louis Art Museum
Assistant to the Deputy Director and Controller
JOB STATUS: Non-Exempt, Grade J
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director for Finance and Administration and Controller
SUPERVISES: No one
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma required; college preferred. Three years administrative experience supporting senior level executives. Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing. Flexibility and willingness to adjust schedule to support early and late meetings and events. The ability to interact with staff of all levels within the organization in a fast paced environment, at times under pressure while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. A high level of professionalism, confidentiality and attention to detail are crucial in this role.
JOB PURPOSE: To direct and facilitate the work of the Deputy Director’s Office as it relates between the Deputy Director, the Director, Board & Trustees, staff, public, other Museum professionals, corporate community, and donor base.
DUTIES, WORK PERFORMED:
- Provide daily administrative support to the Deputy Director to ensure efficient and quality performance and efficient use of the Deputy Directors time by performing a variety of administrative and clerical functions including, but not limited to:
- Efficiently manage, maintain, and coordinate the Deputy Director’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling internal and external meetings, conference calls, travel, etc.
- Handle administrative tasks, which include, but are not limited to: processing and prioritizing incoming mail, e-mail management, screen and/or handle phone calls, developing and managing the distribution of correspondence materials including letters, proposals and reports and filing
- Assist with preparation of Committee agendas, preparation and distribution of meeting materials
- Coordinate food/beverage as needed for Deputy Director’s meetings
- Handle and maintain Deputy Director’s travel expenses and mileage reimbursement expenses
- Organize and prioritize paperwork needing signatures and approvals and distributing in a timely manner
- Administer corporate P-cards for staff, maintain the Commerce P-card system, update and monitor employee profiles, train and assist in reconciling and approving expenses and answering questions regarding the cards/system
- Streamline Independent Contractor procedure, generate contracts and follow up to receive double signed copies, maintain file of executed contracts
- Support Deputy Director in preparation of materials for Audit, Finance, Investment and Building Committee meetings and attend meetings as requested
- Update and keep manual of policies and procedures
- Distribute staff checks and stuff and mail vendor checks in a timely manner
The above statements of this job description describe the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They do not claim to describe all of the functions of this position. Employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions may change or be changed from time to time.
Apply at www.slam.org/careers