United Way of Greater St. Louis
Corporate Partnerships Manager
Reports To: Director, Campaign with matrixed reporting to Vice President, Customized Philanthropy
This position works in the Philanthropic, Donor and Community Services Division (PDCS). PDCS is the primary vehicle for organizational fundraising and volunteer engagement efforts. The Corporate Partnerships Manager works to coordinate the efforts of a cross-functional team responsible for implementing, analyzing and reporting the results of corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts managed by United Way on behalf of one or more corporate partners.
- Staff: No
- Volunteers: Yes
- Cross-functional team management - Serve as cross-functional team manager to ensure detail-oriented, client-focused and highest quality implementation of client companies’ CSR strategies, including the following as needed:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for execution of projects.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate issues to senior leadership as appropriate.
- Manage the relationship with the client and stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Continually research CSR opportunities, best practices, trends and benchmark data to inform United Way and client companies’ CSR efforts.
- Maintain positive relationships with charitable, civic, community and legislative organizations in all communities served by client companies.
- When possible, engage local United Way network within companies’ footprint to achieve companies’ stated goals.
- Contribute to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
All work contributes to the attainment of the following strategic aims:
- Develop strategic partnerships; help key companies achieve corporate social responsibility, community engagement and workplace campaign goals.
- Drive grants and strategic donor investments through key partnerships with corporate, government, foundation and community partnerships.
- Attract net new revenue from institutions by leveraging our uniqueness as a regional convener and connector and monetizing core competencies related to convening agencies, distributing and monitoring investments to help them achieve their strategic philanthropy goals.
Accountabilities specific to this position include:
- Responsible for managing national (interstate) campaigns and all relationships tied to that campaign (local United Way staff, company headquarters and company subsidiary accounts).
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders in the community.
- Oversee, manage and support all national campaign processes, including, but not limited to, the creation, maintenance and improvement of internal and external processes, keeping them aligned with company’s campaign strategy, as well as generating reports and documents as needed.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Demonstrate the ability to build and manage relationships with a cross-sector range of stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Exceptional relationship management and customer service skills, responding to customers’ needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage client expectations and the scope and scale of projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately identify customers’ expressed and unmet needs to help the customer achieve their goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to build processes and metrics to determine how to improve organizational efforts.
- Demonstrate project management skills with the ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely and effective results.
- Demonstrate ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines, often under pressure.
- Ability to hold others accountable and delegate work as appropriate.
- Ability to work autonomously and to take direction as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and teamwork-oriented environment.
- Experience in fundraising or sales preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in all work-related duties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- College degree in a related field such as Business, Communications, Liberal Arts, etc. or equivalent in job-related area and minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org