Laumeier Sculpture Park
Graphic Designer (Part-Time)
Engaging the community through art and nature
Laumeier Sculpture Park is one of the first and largest sculpture parks in the country. Laumeier is an internationally recognized, nonprofit arts organization that is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and operates in partnership with St. Louis County Parks. Laumeier presents 60 works of large-scale outdoor sculpture in a 105-acre park located in the heart of St. Louis County. Free and open daily, Laumeier serves 300,000 visitors of all ages each year through sculpture conservation, education programs, temporary exhibitions and public events.
The Graphic Designer is an integral member of the Marketing Department, executing the creative design for all digital and print pieces for all departments under the management of the Marketing & Communications Manager. In addition, this position assists with branding stewardship, website content management, photography and digital media archives (photo and video). The Graphic Designer is a permanent part-time, hourly position (15–18 hours per week) that reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
Education + Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BFA) in Graphic Design or Studio Art OR working toward undergraduate degree preferred. At least one year of experience (including internship experience) preferred. This position is ideal for current undergraduate or graduate students and recent graduates looking to supplement other freelance or part-time work.
Qualifications + Skills
Applicants should be detail-oriented, organized, dependable, self-directed and willing to assume a leadership role on design projects. Applicants must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word). Applicants should have a basic understanding of video editing, website content management (Squarespace or WordPress) and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter). Finally, applicants must be able to work within tight deadlines.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Execute all creative and graphic design pieces for the organization, including (but not limited to) printed program brochures, digital and print advertisements, printed event invitations and programs, promotional postcards, signage, etc., under the guidance of the Marketing & Communications Manager
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop department production schedules for major creative and graphic design pieces
- Serve as a steward for the organization’s brand with the Marketing & Communications Manager, upholding the branding style in all creative and graphic design pieces
- Develop and maintain a branding style guide document for the organization under the guidance of the Marketing & Communications Manager, based on the organization’s 2015 branding refresh completed by TOKY Branding + Design
- Develop, implement and maintain all digital media archives using Flickr (photo) and YouTube (video)
- Assist with social media content and campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Assist with website content management and maintenance
- Assist with photography and photo archive maintenance
The Graphic Designer shares an office with the Marketing & Communications Manager. In addition, the Graphic Designer may share a workstation with seasonal Marketing Interns (schedules will be set so as not to overlap office hours). Workstation computer is a Windows PC. Office attire is casual, with the exception of very occasional meetings or special events.
Timeframe + Schedule
Mutually agreed-upon start date, as soon as possible. Set, weekly hours are flexible to allow for school or other part-time work schedules. May be asked to shift hours to accommodate very occasional evening or weekend special events.
$15–$18 per hour, 15–18 hours per week
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two design samples to Lauren Kistner, Marketing & Communications Manager, at email@example.com with “Graphic Designer Application” in the subject line. Please visit www.laumeier.org for more information about Laumeier Sculpture Park.
July 21, 2017, or until position is filled