Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis (HFHSL)
Resource Development Coordinator
The Resource Development Coordinator (RDC) helps to further the mission of Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis (HFHSL) by supporting and assisting the Resource Development department to enhance the donor experience, ensure timely acknowledgement of all gifts, and the management of the electronic donor management database and volunteer/donor email communication database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Data Management and Donor Acknowledgement
- Serve as the primary HFHSL donor database (eTapestry) administrator, thus leading data entry, gift processing, and assuring data integrity through imports, exports and mass updates.
- Develop comprehensive reports (i.e. Keystone Community Partners pipeline, mailing lists, etc.), to assist Resource Development staff with donor cultivation.
- Coordinate information with the Volunteer Service Coordinator and Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure consistency of data between platforms. (Salesforce and Constant Contact).
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation with the Accounting Coordinator to ensure consistency of information between eTapestry and QuickBooks.
- Process credit card transactions and ensure PCI compliance.
- Administer the monthly/quarterly giving club, ensuring timely gift entry, regular dissemination of retention materials, and creation of annual tax letters.
- Produce all general e-communications including the monthly e-newsletter Habitat Happenings, e-appeals, and additional e-communications as needed.
B. Resource Development Staff Support
- Track and provide support for event registration and recognition of event participants/donors.
- Support the RD team with general administrative assistance including but not limited to the creating reports as needed for CEO, responding to and disseminating general inquiry emails, internal processing of donor commitments, and processing matching gift requests.
C. Other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum three years of data entry and/or database management experience. Functional knowledge of eTapestry is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically in the manipulation of Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and mail merges.
- Competence with mass e-communication (i.e. Constant Contact) and peer-to-peer fundraising (i.e. Friends Asking Friends) software is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail, as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate with a high level of independence.
- Protect the confidentiality of donor information.
- The ability to work well with constituents across the organization, including: clients, staff, volunteers, board members, and donors.
- Willing to work occasional weekend and evenings as needed.
This is a full-time position that will generally be within the hours of Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm. Some ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends may occur during peak projects. A mutually agreed upon schedule will be developed with the Resource Development Operations Manager.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand, and/or work on a computer, for long periods, and walk up and down stairs multiple times throughout the day, and lift at least 25 pounds.
Responsible to: Resource Development Operations Manager
Salary and Benefits: Salary to commensurate with experience. Vacation time and other benefits offered after introductory period.
Application Process: Please send resume and detailed cover letter, including salary requirements, to Deirdre Schaneman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through July 21, 2017. Email submissions only. No phone calls, please.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason.
This job description does not list all of the duties of the job and you may be asked to perform additional tasks. You will be expected to exercise your independent judgment in determining other tasks that need to be performed in order to increase the efficiency of the operations. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and in part based upon the initiative you take in identifying and undertaking additional functions relevant to the operations of the business.