Cardinal Ritter Senior Services
Social Worker /or Geriatric Case Manager
Reports To: Social Services Manager
Social Service Workers are responsible for providing professional assistance to persons needing assistance in solving or coping with problems resulting from age and chronic illness, by handling requests for Information and Referral and providing as needed, one or more of the following: outreach services to Senior Adults including support groups; case management services and supportive counseling to Senior Adults living in the community, as well as to family caregivers; provide services for residents of CRSS’s Assisted Living Facilities (several days per week) and with participants in the CRSS’s Adult Day Care (two days per week).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides psychosocial assessment and case management to clients presenting need, including in-home services as needed throughout the service area.
- As needed: assists clients, family members, caregivers, and other agency representatives in understanding the significant social, emotional and environmental factors which might impact a person’s ability to maintain an independent living status. Participates in the development of the plan of care. Prepares clinical assessments and progress notes as appropriate according to accepted Case Management Standards. Works with the family, caregivers and/or significant others. When appropriate, participates and collaborates with health team members at multi-service conferences as well as with Patient Care Coordinators, who may be involved in client’s care.
- Provides referral to and utilization of appropriate community resources.
- Identifies appropriate clients for involvement in emergency assistance grants which the department manages and verifies eligibility of clients and contacts utility companies to verify need for utility assistance etc.
- Prepares statistical reports monthly as required by the agency.
- Attends Social Service staff meetings; in-service agency meetings and educational community meetings.
- Provides consultation to clients, family members, caregivers and other agency personnel.
- Performs services for contracts for which grants may be obtained (e.g. Daughters of Charity, etc.) as assigned.
- Develops and maintains a Quality First Project and provides monthly project reports.
- Duties as assigned at Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) or Adult Day Care Facility.
- Acts as Field Instructor, to Social Work students selected to complete practicum experiences with the agency, as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation with a Master’s Degree in Social Work from a council of Social Work Education accredited program, LCSW or LMSW strongly preferred, or a Master’s in Gerontology from an accredited program with case management experience.
- At least two years supervised case management experience in a social services agency with older adults or with those physically ill or related services.
SKILLS & ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN JOB
Ability to relate well with clientele served by agency (particularly senior adults) and to establish good working relationships with other professionals. Supportive counseling skills, exceptional listening skills and empathy are essential.
Interacts daily with the rest of Social Services staff and/or Social Services Manager as needed. Counseling of clients and crisis intervention occurs daily throughout the day. Interaction with agencies, hospital staff, case managers, lawyers, multiple departments within Cardinal Ritter Senior Services, utility companies, etc., are necessary to accomplish the goals of the agency.
Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients, families, and staff. The employee brings into action the mission of CRSS by manifesting the values of love, hope, compassion, and integrity in their work and relationships with clients, family members, co-workers, and visitors, alike.
RESOURCES FOR WHICH ACCOUNTABLE
Each worker is assigned to Intake responsibilities, certain departments/facilities and case management of cases as needed. Clients are generally 60 years and older who are experiencing problems related to aging process or medical condition affecting their ability to live independently or causing them to need referral to community resources. It is required that staff manage the resources of the Department and the Agency in an efficient, respectful manner.
Qualified candidates can send resumes to email@example.com, or complete an application on the Cardinal Ritter Senior Services website www.cardinalritterseniorservices.org, or come to 7601 Watson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63119 to complete an application in person.