Voices for Children
Manager, Communications and Events
Voices for Children represents the best interests of abused and neglected children placed in foster care in St. Louis. Through no fault of their own, children and youth from birth through 21 find themselves under the protective custody of the state. Critical decisions affecting their lives today and their futures are made by the court. An overburdened state agency is responsible for their safety, well-being and permanency.
Voices’ CASA volunteers, child advocacy attorneys and social work professionals’ advocate for children to ensure their safety, enable them to heal, improve their experiences in foster care and help them find a forever family. Voices’ child advocates ensure children are receiving the educational, health and mental health services they need to heal while working to find them safety and stability in a home where they can thrive.
Voices for Children is seeking a Communications and Events Manager to support fundraising and volunteer recruitment needs of the organization by assisting in plan development, production and implementation of brand content and marketing communication materials.
This position is responsible for creating and implementing communication plans and calendars that supports both fundraising and volunteer recruitment/retention efforts of the organization and works with both fundraising and program staff to develop and implement strategies for growing awareness and funds and increasing donor and volunteer engagement.
- Designing and coordinating the production of print materials, such as brochures, newsletters, event invitations and programs, direct mail pieces, signage, etc. and ensures adequate stock of print materials at all times
- Determines and coordinates logistical needs of events, including preparing/managing budgets and payment requests, researching, recommending and negotiating with venues and vendors, ensuring adequate event staffing using Voices staff and volunteers
- Manages electronic communication by creating electronic newsletters and invitations, updating website and social media sites
- Develops presentation and event materials, including speeches, slide decks or handouts
- Manages the development and placement of paid and earned media across all mediums, working with program and development staff to create stories, identify spokespeople or interview subjects, etc.
- Acts as point of contact for media outlets (but not as agency spokesperson) and for third party fundraising events.
- Prepares regular reports on marketing/communication initiatives and events , including appropriate metrics to gauge effectiveness of activities
Minimum job requirements:
Education: BA in communication, public relations, or a related field.
Certifications and Licensure: Must have a valid driver's license, car and valid insurance.
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in marketing, communications and event management.
Other Qualifications Job Skills & Competencies:
- Detail oriented including strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as strong interpersonal skills in order to function as a team player.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and WordPress
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The job takes place in an office setting.
- The employee may also travel between Voices for Children office locations.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as required.
If interested in applying, respond with your cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Antoinette Barnes at email@example.com
Voices for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.