The College School
The College School, www.thecollegeschool.org, is an independent Preschool through Eighth Grade school in St. Louis, Missouri, with a focus on experiential and project-based education. We seek a competent, skilled, and passionate team member to advance our internal and external communication strategies. The position is part of our Institutional Advancement team, which is responsible for all admission, alumni, fundraising, and marketing/communication efforts.
The position involves:
- Partnering with key staff members to author content for electronic media, including: school website, social media channels, community portal, e-newsletters, and e-blasts;
- Designing print materials reflective of our school’s mission, vision, and values;
- Building relationships with a dynamic school community (including faculty, staff, students, and families) to deeply understand and communicate our educational philosophy and student experience;
- Diligently tracking key constituent information with Institutional Advancement databases to support accurate and timely messaging;
- Evaluating data to determine impact of advertising, website, and social media campaigns;
- Supporting team members by attending school events, community outreach and school exposure opportunities (occasional off hours and weekend);
- Actively participating in and contributing to the school’s broader professional community through meetings, committees and professional development;
- Salary that is commensurate with experience.
Applicants should have:
- Superior writing and editorial skills;
- Familiarity in website editing, layout, and design (WordPress preferred);
- Direct experience bringing publications from conception to print (Adobe Suite preferred);
- Experience managing a portfolio of social media channels for an organization;
- Familiarity and ease in navigating web content management systems;
- Highly organized, project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and lead multiple projects simultaneously;
- A collaborative spirit and strong team ethic;
- Strong customer service skills coupled with professionalism and tact;
- Bachelors degree in a related field with one-three years experience in a communications or marketing role;
- Experience of working within the independent school market is desirable but not required.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Coordinator in the subject line.
The College School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.