St. Andrew’s Charitable Foundation
Chief Development Officer
To develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising and development strategy to meet the charitable needs of St. Andrew’s Resources for Seniors System.
- Bachelor’s degree, a CFRE preferred with ten years proven experience in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts and donor relations.
- Excellent communication skills, pleasant, cheerful, tactful and courteous, professional appearance, organizational skills and the attitude and personality to effectively manage relationships with board members, leadership staff, prospective major donors, volunteers, and community members.
- Be goal driven and possess a high degree of motivation, maturity and energy.
- Demonstrated human relations skills and experience in the stewardship of volunteers.
- Demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability and lead with passion, dedication and commitment.
- Knowledge of marketing/communications and outreach approaches and the effective use of promotional strategies to increase publicity and the base of support for STARS.
- A management style that promotes team work, enhances creativity, and motivates and builds consensus with the ability to inspire, supervise and lead a development team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; some travel may be required
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising and development strategy for individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Overseeing the Foundation daily operations.
- Grant research and writing.
- Annual Ageless Event, Loving Hope Golf Tournament and other fund raising events
- Main solicitor for annual giving, major gifts and bequests.
- Administrative responsibilities include providing leadership in planning, development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of all aspects of the foundation.
- Ensures that all programs operate in compliance with Board of Directors’ policies.
- Create and Implement the Marketing/Communication Plan.
Founded in 1961, St. Andrew’s Resources for Seniors System (STARSS) is a leading service provider to seniors and their families.
Today, STARS brings retirement living options, lifestyle security, enhanced health and wellbeing and independence to thousands of seniors.
With more than 1100 dedicated employees, STARSS provides care and services to seniors in their own homes and in senior communities.
St. Andrew’s is dynamic in its objectives and caring in its attitude. We remain steadfast in our mission to: empower elders and their caregivers through choices and options that foster a vital live.
Please submit all inquiries and resumes for the position to:
6633 Delmar Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63130