Missouri History Museum
Executive Assistant to the President
The Missouri History Museum is seeking an Executive Assistant to the President.
Responsibilities to the President:
- Oversee President’s calendar. Work with Office Coordinator to confirm appointments, issue reminders, and notify all necessary parties of any schedule changes. Make lunch reservations and all other arrangements as needed.
- Schedule and develop agendas as needed for meetings, including weekly updates, Leadership and monthly Staff meetings. Ensure that all participants reveal sufficient information in advance of meetings regarding the purpose and any expected deliverables.
- Manage files, schedules, correspondence, agenda, conference calls and meeting arrangements for all the President’s internal and external activities.
- Maintain contact with Development Office to coordinate President’s schedule for preparation of solicitation materials and ensure that all relevant information about cultivation is provided to Development in order to maintain updated records on our various donors and stakeholders.
- Maintain contact with Marketing & Communications to coordinate President’s media interviews and public appearances.
- Plan all relevant receptions and meetings including arrangements for refreshments, set-up, meeting room reservations, the creation of event itineraries, and talking points for speakers as appropriate. This includes the annual Board meeting reception. Ensure that equipment is set up for any presentations involving the President.
- Create and manage the President’s Office departmental budget; tracking and reconciling expenses on a regular basis and ensuring that the department stays within budget. This includes reconciliation of the monthly VISA statement and all reimbursement requests.
- Keep President’s email contact lists, Board, and Subdistrict lists up to date. Ensure that accurate databases are maintained for generating holiday cards.
- Review and edit, as appropriate, correspondence and all other written communication coming out under the name of the President.
- Other tasks as requested by the President, including independent assignments, travel arrangements, etc.
Responsibilities to the Board of Trustees and Missouri History Museum Subdistrict Commissioners:
- Organize and staff all Board of Trustee and Executive Committee meetings; manage oversight of all other Board Committees, providing support and direction as needed to colleagues and other coordinators. This includes:
- Creating meeting summaries and maintaining board files according to best non-profit practices.
- Ensuring that all Board committee meeting dates are scheduled, agendas developed and posted in-house and on website 48 hours prior to each meeting, reminders and packets created and distributed, and all setup requirements are met.
- Prior to meetings, track and review attendance list, agenda and materials with President, Board Chair, and other members of Leadership team.
- Create presentation materials as needed for the President or other members of the Leadership team and manage the AV requirements during the meetings themselves.
- Coordinate ongoing annual duties such as the signing of the conflict of interest statement by all board members as well as the yearly review of board committee members.
- Support Board and Institutional task forces as requested.
- Maintain accurate and complete files.
- Research and communicate best practices in Board work to Board Chair and task forces.
- Coordinate dissemination of institutional news with other departments and divisions as required.
- Sign institutional checks according to MHM check signing policy.
- Determine and distribute agenda for and attend weekly Leadership team meetings. Document follow-up and action items as needed.
- Reconcile monthly VISA statement for Director, Marketing & Communications.
- Coordinate and attend the quarterly meetings of the institutional coordinators.
- Supervise staff and volunteers as appropriate including regular updates and annual evaluations for paid staff members.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree desired. Three or more years of relevant experience supporting senior level administrative team and Boards.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Previous experience in a non-profit cultural institution preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent computer and filing skills including presentation software such as PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate President’s needs.
- Individual should be self-motivated, conscientious, and flexible.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
Letter of interest, resume and employment application required. Please submit all to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Employment application can be found at www.mohistory.org under the “Jobs” tab.)
Applicants may also reply via postal mail to: Missouri History Museum-HR P.O. Box 11940 St. Louis, MO 63112-0040
An Equal Opportunity Employer