Mantovani for STL
REPORTS TO: Campaign Manager
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, education, and ability
Mark Mantovani has been one of St. Louis’ most accomplished entrepreneurs and a leader in law, business, civic and charitable ventures. Avidly committed to the St. Louis region, he has served many local organizations advocating for growth and innovation.
After a successful law career, Mark led the marketing services firm, Ansira - as President, CEO, and Chairman - from a small business to one of the largest independently-owned digital marketing firms in the U.S.
He was subsequently named a Senior Fellow in the Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative, where he concentrated his work on the enhancement of state and local governance.
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
Mantovani for STL is a campaign to support Mark Mantovani’s democratic candidacy for St. Louis County Executive. St. Louis County is the largest county in Missouri, with almost 1 million residents. Our campaign will be challenging the incumbent in the August 2018 Democratic primary. If successful, we will run in the general election, which is to be held in November 2018.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Finance Director is responsible for raising the money that will allow the campaign to accomplish its goals. The Finance Director works closely with the candidate, campaign manager and a finance committee to meet the financial goals of the campaign. They are in charge of keeping the candidate on track with fundraising, preparing for and staffing call time, and overseeing all fundraising events.
The successful applicant will oversee a multi-million dollar finance operation including:
- Design and implement a fundraising plan for a competitive primary
- Oversee the day-to-day finance operations
- Design and implement a candidate call-time program
- Oversee and organize fundraising events
- Lead outreach to institutional & individual donors
- Design and implement fundraising communications plan including: fundraising emails, letters, resolicits, thank you letters
- Track and manage fundraising progress and compliance
- Other fundraising and finance tasks as needed
- Previous experience implementing aggressive fundraising program for congressional, citywide or statewide campaign(s)
- Highly organized, outgoing and willing to push the candidate and campaign toward meeting their fundraising goals
- Proficiency in NGP software
- Strong communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work long hours and under deadline pressure as needed
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to St. Louis, MO
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Mantovani for STL is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Mantovani for STL is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Mantovani for STL will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Interested candidates should submit a resume to Carl Walz at firstname.lastname@example.org.