Peter & Paul Community Services (PPCS)
Department: Administration (but divides time among all programs)
Supervision: Director of Operations
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Peter & Paul Community Services, a not-for-profit homeless services agency providing emergency shelter as well as transitional and permanent housing, seeks a Clinical Coordinator. If you have a desire to work with a team of caring professionals that offers hope, empowerment, compassion, hospitality, and a chance for independence, you can help us solve homelessness for our community.
Physical and Environmental Requirements: Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry at least 10 lbs.
Work Schedule: Generally Monday through Friday days.
- Valid Missouri License as an OTR/L (preferred), RN, LCSW, or similar with a minimum of two years experience working within a community mental health setting
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with the Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) and Medicaid billing systems, preferably with electronic medical records (EMR) systems
- Ability to interact with clients who experience homelessness, substance abuse, severe and persistent mental illness, dual diagnosis, and/or HIV/AIDS
- Knowledge of HIPAA/privacy standards and professional boundaries
- Certification in First Aid and CPR, or willingness to become certified
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Your own transportation
- Maintain a cohesive Medicaid billing system and comprehensive clinical services
- Manage system for review of documentation to ensure quality control for billable notes
- Assemble all billable notes and generate billing spreadsheets (including proper identification numbers for all clients and providers)
- Consult with reimbursement sources (BJC Behavioral Health and Places for People) to create final billing documents for each month and address any billing disparities
- Oversee agency’s use of QuickMAR, the electronic documentation system utilized for Medicaid billing, including serving as the agency system administrator and training new users
- Provide ongoing educational opportunities and training for staff on effective documentation methods and billing requirements
- In conjunction with Program Directors, review, revise (as needed), and enforce Medicaid billing productivity standards for staff members
- Serve as liaison to the Institute for Community Alliances (ICA) regarding issues pertaining to the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), the online client tracking system utilized by homeless services agencies
- Oversee and implement the agency’s in-service program designed to provide ongoing educational and professional development opportunities for staff members
- Serve as coordinator of intern and practicum students to staff programs with OTA/R, Nursing, and Social Work students
- Supervise students (as qualified) in all programs, including OTA and OTR students with a goal of increasing billing capacity and productivity
- Co-sign all relevant OTA and student documentation pertaining to treatment plans (as qualified) in accordance with American Occupational Therapy Association procedures and Missouri Board of Professional Regulations
- Assist in treatment plan reviews for IRTS clients to promote continuity of care
- Assist with clinical treatments and decisions in all settings to provide evidence-based, client-centered care
- Perform other tasks as required by the Director of Operations and/or Program Directors
Please send Cover Letter and Résumé to Kevin Born, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peter & Paul Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.