Parents as Teachers National Center
Department: Research Quality & Improvement
Position Overview: Parents as Teachers National Center is seeking a part-time (26 hours per week) Quality Specialist. This position resides within the Research and Quality Improvement Department, and offers the ability to work remotely from anywhere in the United States. The Quality Specialist will assist in the implementation of the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process and review of program data (quantitative and qualitative) to assess for compliance in the Parents as Teachers Essential Requirements and Quality Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in the implementation and facilitation of the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process
- Assess programs for model fidelity and adherence to the Parents as Teachers Essential Requirements based on data submitted annually and complete Essential Requirements Review Reports
- Assess programs for adherence to the Parents as Teachers Quality Standards and complete summative reports on the results
- Track programs through the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process
Prepare programs and materials for the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process
- Assist in updating and preparing materials and tools used to administer the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process
- Assist in the selection and notification of programs to go through the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process
- Assist in preparing materials for the Parents as Teachers conference based on the results of the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process
- Data entry
- Administrative tasks as needed
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
3-5+ years’ experience with and knowledge of the field of home visiting; particularly the Parents as Teachers model
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly detail oriented with a proven track record for managing details in a work setting
- Ability to synthesize and summarize information accurately and clearly
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively listen, write, speak and respond to questions from program staff
- Experience and/or knowledge of accreditation processes preferred
Parents as Teachers National Center is an international nonprofit organization that promotes optimal early development, learning and health of young children by supporting and engaging their parents and caregivers. We advance the delivery of high quality services for families through a comprehensive system of supports and innovative solutions.
Our internationally recognized network uses an evidence-based model to deliver parent education primarily through personal visits and group meetings. We equip parents with knowledge and resources to prepare their children, from prenatal through kindergarten, for a stronger start in life and greater success in school. Parents as Teachers programs operate in various settings, including schools, hospitals, faith-based organizations and housing communities.
Founded in Missouri in 1984, Parents as Teachers serves more than 195,000 children in all 50 U.S. states, more than 100 Tribal organizations, schools and communities, five other countries and one U.S. territory.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae, along with names/contact information of 3 references, salary history and requirements, to email@example.com.