Peter & Paul Community Services
Life Skills Specialist / Case Manager
Department: Positive Directions
Supervision: Program Director
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy, Substance Abuse, Counseling, Social Work, or other related human services field and/or equivalent work experience in the field.
- Interest in providing services to people experiencing substance abuse, severe and persistent mental illness, dual diagnosis, homelessness and/or HIV/AIDS.
- Prior experience in serving multiply-challenged individuals preferred.
- Knowledge of documentation standards, HIPAA and privacy standards, crisis management and harm reduction principles.
- Capability of partnering with and empowering clients served.
- Complete functional and client-centered performance assessments on program residents within one week of admission, including but not limited to: functional cognitive skills, substance abuse status, safety awareness, activities of daily living, community living skills, participation in leisure and productive occupations, and vocational readiness.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individualized treatment plans.
- Refer and encourage client participation in available and appropriate community resources, day programs, employment opportunities and training programs.
- Work directly with clients using individual and group modalities to address identified performance deficits and client goals.
- Assist with pre-vocational training via the client Work Incentive Program.
- Oversee all client training regarding activities of daily living.
- Assist in identifying, screening and engaging clients for substance abuse and mental health treatment.
- Writing progress notes in a timely and confidential manner.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and in-services.
- Participate in regular supervision and training as required.
- Provide pager coverage and crisis intervention as needed using working knowledge of DSM IV, psychotropic medications and crisis intervention theory.
- Facilitate groups to increase client skills; increase exposure to activities of daily living, work or leisure; and/or address client substance abuse issues.
- Perform other services as required by the Program Director.
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter to Shane Yackle at email@example.com.