Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis and World Chess Hall of Fame
Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis http://saintlouischessclub.org/
World Chess Hall of Fame http://www.worldchesshof.org/
The Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis and World Chess Hall of Fame are located in the Central West End. The Chess Club opened its doors in 2008 followed by the World Chess Hall of Fame in September 2011. Together they are the “Chess Campus”. The Chess Campus strives to provide the game of chess to the community through education, art, culture, history, music and more. The Chess Campus is a fast-paced environment that has a tremendous impact on the Saint Louis community as well as a national and international presence.
Reports to: General Manager and Development Managers of the Chess Club and Scholastic of Saint Louis and World Chess Hall of Fame.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the day-to-day fundraising plan for the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis and World Chess Hall of Fame.
Support Development Managers as followed:
- Responsible for day to day implementation of annual fundraising plan by ensuring adequate tracking and benchmarking
- Prepare correspondence for donors.
- Arrange and organize meetings with donors and prospective donors.
- Assist in preparing and sending annual appeals.
- Research new sources of funding, which includes, individual giving, corporate and foundation gifts and major donor.
- Maintain grant tracking system, ensuring that all deadlines and requirements are met.
- Coordinate grant applications with grant writer and development managers.
- Coordinate donor reports at conclusion of programming cycles.
- Maintain confidential database system.
- Assist in running reports for appeal letters and donor activity.
- Prepare outgoing donations.
- Coordinate and plan donor cultivation events.
- Responsible for execution of events: annual gala, golf tournament and other fundraisers.
- Identify and solicit Sponsorships for annual Fundraising events.
- Work with PR and Marketing team to promote and sell tickets for events, providing updated monthly newsletters to donors and members.
- Craft messaging and content for annual appeals mailed to 1,700+ prospects and donors.
- Track and benchmark progress throughout the year to ensure annual goal is achieved.
- Organize Young Professionals Board meetings; attend LaunchU meetings.
- Create final grant reports for donors.
- Maintain policy and procedures of donor recognition and stewardship.
- Communicate with development related committees.
- Strong knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent (required).
- At least 2+ years of experience in fund development.
- A successful track record of identifying, cultivating and soliciting from a variety of sources.
- Fundraising event planning experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience developing successful donor communications and marketing materials.
- Excellent organization required.
- Experience with CiviCRM preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Lauren Stewart at
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER