Covenant House Missouri
Marketing & Communications Associate
Reports To: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Marketing and Communications Associate is responsible for the production of a full range of communications materials and special events to effectively support the organization’s brand and strategic goals and to convey CHMO’s mission to diverse constituencies in a manner which reflects the mission, philosophy and policies of Covenant House Missouri.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
(Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following)
- Assist in implementation of strategic communication and messaging plan. Advise and assist leadership in updating plan to ensure it remains relevant and meets CHMO’s overall strategic goals.
- Assist in development and preparation of presentation materials to ensure consistency of messaging. This includes supporting work in advocacy, program, and fundraising.
- Monitor and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in areas that impact homeless and at-risk youth (i.e., youth development, mental health, social emotional learning, etc.). Develop timely materials that clearly articulate these issues to media and stakeholders.
- Write extensively, producing and posting content across multiple platforms – web, media releases, e-newsletters, printed materials, and social media.
- Assist in the organizing of fundraising events (and related traditional or digital campaigns), and attend said events to facilitate their success.
- Assist with acquisition and organization of youth success stories, photos, and videos.
- Develop media relationships to effectively position CHMO as an expert in the arena of homeless and at-risk youth.
- Manage relationships with independent contractors (web mangers, designers, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This position does not supervise any other position.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Regular contact with all CHMO staff, vendors, suppliers, and board members and outside agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or other related field plus 3-5 years’ experience working in human service agencies and/or with homeless population preferred.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals, showing diplomacy and flexibility when there are conflicting opinions; supporting other people’s performance to achieve the best possible results.
- The ability to take control of a situation and to lead by empowering others into an effective team. Inspiring and energizing others to carry out tasks and achieve goals by displaying a clear sense of direction and values.
- The ability to relate to, and feel comfortable with, people at all levels and to be able to make and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- The ability to verbally express ideas in a way that is easily understood by others who are unfamiliar with the topic, including delivering a presentation, giving accurate information or acting as a spokesperson.
- Exceptional ability to write concisely and convey meaning in a manner appropriate to different readers, presenting a persuasive argument.
- The ability to respond to, anticipate, and positively manage change.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent tasks.
- The ability to relate to your coworkers, inspire others to participate, and mitigate conflict with coworkers.
- The ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe.
- Results driven achiever with effective planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to follow policies, regulations, and laws pertaining to the delivery of human services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Moderate concentration.
- Frequent interruptions.
- Moderate noise level.
- Moderate sitting, standing and eye strain, light walking, bending and lifting.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing & Communications Associate” .