Mid-East Area Agency on Aging
Chief Executive Officer
Serves as Chief Executive Officer of the agency and administers policies set by the Board of Directors. Advises the Board regarding funding sources, laws, regulations and the possible impact of these on current and future agency activities. The CEO is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the agency by working with the board of directors and the executive management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. Responsible for advocacy and engagement at local, state and national levels.
- Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the agency are put into practice consistently
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Collaborates with the executive management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the agency
- Ensures that the agency operates within the requirements of all federal, state, and agency regulations and policies
- Approval authority for all personnel actions, budget and planning activities
- Issues standing instructions or procedures in regular administrative, operational, logistic, and financial transactions
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
- Motivates, leads and evaluates a high-performance management team; attracts, recruits and retains required members of the executive team; promotes mentoring as a cornerstone to management development
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the agency
- Recommends annual Area Plan and revisions to the board
- Develops and prepares recommendations for Board of Directors consideration, including all agency policies and procedures with implementation following Board Approval
- Serves as executive director of MEAAA Foundation
- Works with related local, state, and federal agencies to implement, improve, and expand programs for the older population
- Acts as an advocate for the older population
- Maintains a positive attitude about the agency and upholds the agency’s mission during work related and non-work related interactions with the public and other staff
- Performs other duties as the board may direct
- Education and Experience: Master’s degree in Social Work, Business Administration and/or related field from an accredited university plus 10-15 years of experience in a position(s) with increasingly responsibility in the areas of supervisory and organizational development. Experience in the field of aging preferred.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Knowledge of federal, state, and local government and their laws, rules, regulations, policies and operations as they pertain to the agency. Ability to devise and install such management practices and methods as are appropriate for the effective and efficient functioning of the agency. Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with all stakeholders. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or similar system.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Other: Must have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and automobile insurance as required by the State of Missouri. Local, out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Location: Manchester, MO (63011)
Expected Hours of Work: Full Time, Exempt. Normal operating hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Evening and/or weekend work when necessary.
Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Excellent Pension Program, 12 Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
Contact: Human Resources Specialist, Laura Reich to request an Agency / Position Informational Packet / Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline of August 21st.