Craft Alliance is a non-profit art center in St. Louis, Missouri, dedicated to exhibiting contemporary craft and teaching craft techniques. Nationally recognized as one of the premier craft organizations in the country, Craft Alliance is the only organization of its kind in the region solely dedicated to contemporary craft. Craft Alliance offers classes in craft techniques, artist residencies, community programs, exhibitions and a gallery shop. Relocated in 2020 to 5080 Delmar, Craft Alliance has studios for ceramics, metals, fibers, glass, wood, 2-D art, digital art, and artists-in-residence. Craft Alliance organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Development Manager is responsible for development administration including database management, donor communication, administration of the organization’s membership program and member events, oversight and management of the young friends group, and support for the Director of Development and Communications and Executive Director.
The individual must be well-organized and action-oriented and provide thoughtful input and recommendations as part of the Development team, while ensuring the ongoing operational aspects of the Development effort are managed effectively and on time. The ideal candidate must enjoy interacting with donors and members, be a positive, proactive problem-solver, and work well independently on projects, as well as collaborate with the team on organizational initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in a relevant position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in word processing, and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with donor database or CRM systems (strongly preferred)
- Experience in a non-profit agency (preferred)
- Be punctual and possess a friendly manner.
- Possess a high degree of maturity, flexibility, a strong work ethic, and a passion for our mission.
- Possess the ability to intelligently prioritize, execute job demands, and maintain efficient personal workflow.
- Possess the ability to work as a member of a team, as well as work independently.
- Supports Director of Development and Communications in production of donor cultivation and solicitation events, materials, and mailings, including the annual campaign and fundraising events.
- Produces pledge reminders, gift acknowledgements, and receipts.
- Manages the membership program, including:
- Acquisitions, renewals, coordination of member benefits, events and promotions.
- Analyzing membership data including renewals, monthly income, and recommends enhancements.
- Handles auction donation requests from other organizations.
- Assists with events by managing registration, volunteers, procuring auction items, and other activities as needed to ensure success of events.
- Collaborates with marketing on promotions, newsletters, and mailing lists.
- Manages donor database ensuring integrity and accuracy, including
- Maintaining and documenting entry standards and procedures.
- Ensuring database accuracy.
- Designing and performing queries and exports for income analysis, donor information, and mailing lists.
- Monthly reconciliation with accounting department.
- Manages and files Development Department correspondence and records.
- Provides contribution reports.
- Be willing to work occasional weeknights and weekends.
- Other duties as needed.
Reports to Director of Development and Communications
- Executive Director and staff of the organization
- Board Members
- Donors and Members
- Foundations and Granting organizations
- Vendors (supporting events)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Paid time off, health insurance, discounts on education classes and purchases in the gallery and gallery shop are part of the Craft Alliance benefits package.
This is a Full-time position. Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
All Applicants: To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and three professional references to Jessica Goodhart, Director of Development and Communications, at email@example.com.