Missouri Coalition for the Environment
The Missouri Coalition for the Environment (MCE) is Missouri’s independent citizens’ environmental organization for clean water, clean air, clean energy, and a healthy environment. Our mission is to educate, organize, and advocate in defense of Missouri’s people and their environment.
MCE began its work in 1969 in St. Louis as the region’s first independent citizens’ group created to address a broad range of environmental policy issues. Today, MCE is a membership-based organization devoted to advocating for change at all levels of government for the protection of people and the environment. For more info about MCE visit www.moenvironment.org.
The membership and volunteer coordinator will work alongside the Executive Director (ED) to grow the number of coalition members and engage volunteers with the organization’s work throughout Missouri.
This is a 40-hour per week full-time permanent position, reporting to the ED.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter and track memberships and donations in Salesforce
- Create and send acknowledgement letters to members and donors and track them in Salesforce
- Work alongside other team members to engage with past and current members
- Develop and organize events for current and potential members and volunteers
- Develop and maintain relationships with businesses for cross-promotional opportunities to increase membership and volunteerism with MCE
- Update current membership program and continually provide new membership benefits and opportunities for individuals, businesses, and organizations
- Assist the ED and MCE Board of Directors to develop a Junior Board
- Develop and maintain a campus ambassador program for students at college/university campuses throughout Missouri
- Represent MCE at public events (festivals, conferences, luncheons, etc.)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong commitment to a membership-based, mission-driven organization
- Experience with database management, preferably Salesforce or similar cloud-based program
- Experience with Google Drive and Google Applications
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- A commitment to team-based solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed worker with ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work well with volunteers and interns to satisfy mutual goals
- Flexibility, curiosity, an appreciation for diversity, and generosity toward others
Benefits and Compensation
- $39,000-43,000 annual salary, paid twice a month
- 176 hours (22 days) of paid time off per year
- 9 paid holidays
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- 6 weeks of paid short term disability
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible hybrid office/home work environment
- 100% paid health insurance
- Mobile phone stipend
- Professional development opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Membership and Volunteer Coordinator.”