Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri
The Senior Manager, Risk Management is accountable for oversight and management
of the organization’s exposure to risk, including interaction with our insurance broker and providers, as well as assistance with contracts and requests for proposals.
MISSION OF GIRL SCOUTING
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. All employees are expected to fully support the work and mission of the organization.
Starting salary is $50,000 – $55,000. Experience is considered with salary offer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and ACCOUNTABILITIES
– Collaborates with all departments to control risk
– Provides support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization
– Conducts annual risk assessment and spot audits to identify and analyze current and future risks for the organization
– Monitors and manages council insurance programs (non-employee benefits)
– Facilitates annual insurance renewal process in conjunction with an insurance broker
– Handles processing and tracking of insurance and risk management claims, including interaction with involved parties and council management.
– Serves as the main point of contact for: requested disability accommodations
– Approval of volunteer travel
– Year-end reporting, tracking, and compliance
– District equipment reimbursement
– Works with staff on proposals and contracts to ensure they follow contracting policies
– Becomes well-versed in Risk Management in Girl Scout Councils and Safety Activity Checkpoints to provide guidance to staff and volunteers on risk management topics
– Reviews final contracts and agreements for proper approvals
– Handles all council policies and procedures documents
– Tracks member insurance and issuance of Certificates of Insurance
– Bachelor’s degree
– Minimum of three (3) years experience in a related field
– Claims management or underwriting experience is preferred
– Effective written and verbal communication skills
– Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
– Proven ability to work with and maintain confidential information
– Attention to detail and ability to analyze data