Agency Summary: Food Outreach is a nonprofit, founded in 1988, that provides Medically Tailored Meals and nutrition services to enhance the quality of life of men, women and children living with HIV or cancer. The organization covers 160 Missouri and Illinois zip codes encompassing seven counties. Our services are unduplicated in Missouri and western Illinois.
Primary Purpose: This position is an integral part of the development team and is responsible for the lead role in the implementation of marketing and communications plans including the maintenance of the organization’s website and social media outlets as well as the management of all Food Outreach events. The Marketing and Events Manager nurtures relationships with media, restaurants, businesses, individuals, and organizations interested in supporting Food Outreach and oversees logistical components of primary, third-party, and community outreach events to ensure maximum donor participation.
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including annual report, appeals and other fundraising campaigns
- Create, write and share newsworthy content through a variety of communication platforms including e-news and social media
- Help bring our brand and our unique mission to life through generating consistent content on social media channels to influence volunteers, donors and friends
- Serve as the primary point of contact for print and mailing houses regarding contracts and timelines
- Oversee website maintenance – ensuring that new and accurate information is posted regularly
- Cultivate and expand on Food Outreach’s relationships in the community through public relations and news media and ambassador, on behalf of our clients and mission, the critical and unique role of our services in the St. Louis region
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with the development team’s goals and objectives
- Meet all deadlines in accordance with event timelines including the following:
– Oversee planning, implementation and follow-up for all special events, public relations, advertising, and collateral material design
– Supervise and coordinate all event mailings including list management, printing and mailing to ensure deadlines are met for timely receipt by organization’s constituents
- Following a training period, create a master logistics plan for A Tasteful Affair, our largest annual fundraiser, and act in these roles including, but not limited to:
Event Day Manager – Oversee all event day logistics including proper venue layout and run of show
Vendor Contracts – Manage contracts for venue, audio/visual, auctioneer, entertainment, culinary teams and décor partner. Ensure deposits and other payments, as described in contracts, are submitted on due dates.
Event Website – Oversee event website design and building out including ticketing and tracking of attendee information
Culinary –Cultivate relationships and serve as primary liaison between Food Outreach and culinary partners for all event logistics, promotional opportunities, and individual needs
Silent Auction – Manage silent auction solicitation process
Volunteers – Communicate all volunteer needs to the Volunteer Manager to ensure proper staffing
- Evaluate mission alignment and participation in all third-party and community relations events
Position Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working in marketing, communications, and events
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Applied skills in WordPress and other computer software, including but limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Campaign Monitor, and Canva.
- A proven track record in managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, clients, donors program participants and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing
Position Time Schedule: This is a full-time position governed by personnel policies related to full-time staff. Food Outreach does not offer the opportunity to work remotely.
Line of Authority: This person is directed/supervised and evaluated by the Senior Director of Development & Strategic Initiatives.
Other Job Requirements: Food Outreach requires all employees to provide proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, with a vaccine approved for use in the United States, prior to their first day of employment.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.