Camp Ondessonk, Catholic Diocese of Belleville, Illinois
Status: Full-time, exempt employment
Office: Work from home, preferably within convenient access to Belleville, Illinois; Occasional workdays at Camp Ondessonk in Ozark, IL (0 to 3 days per month – lodging provided when necessary)
Department: Camp Ondessonk, Catholic Youth Camp, Diocese of Belleville, Illinois
Reports to: Executive Director, Camp Ondessonk
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
The Director of Development supports and promotes the mission and goals of Camp Ondessonk. This position is responsible for increasing charitable giving to Camp Ondessonk by identifying, cultivating, developing, stewarding, and maintaining strong and effective relationships with prospects and donors that ensure positive and purposeful results.
In coordination with the Camp Ondessonk Marketing Team, Board of Directors Development Committee, staff, and other ad hoc committees, The Director of Development provides oversight for all aspects of fund development.
- Create and implement an annual development plan and development budget.
- Serve as lead staff for the annual fund campaign including Campfire Circle monthly giving, Camp O Day, Giving Tuesday, Letter Campaigns, Christmas Appeal, Third-party Fundraisers, and Lodge Fundraising.
- Serve as lead staff for the annual Scholarship Appeal and other restricted appeals.
- Assist donors in accomplishing their philanthropic goals through a relationship with Camp Ondessonk.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop major donors.
- Offer prospect strategy to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Partner with Data Coordinator, Director of Finance, and Senior Director of Communications to fulfill all development-related components of the Strategic Plan.
- Research, identify, evaluate, and submit effective grant proposals based on strategic alignment with Camp’s mission, programs, and funding opportunities and the potential for success.
- Maintain efficient systems for processing and acknowledging all gifts according to established accounting procedures.
- Enter donor data consistently capturing complete information on each donor and prospect.
- Create development reports for the annual fundraising plan and individual campaigns.
- Collaborate with all departments to remain aware of issues and needs within Camp Ondessonk.
- Participate in community outreach and presentations.
- Work with Marketing Team to create public relations and donor materials.
- Serve as lead for Le Coeur Society to create planned giving materials, identify prospective members, and acknowledge planned gifts.
- Work closely with volunteers and delegate tasks.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS AND/OR REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge in accounting practices and developing and managing budgets.
- Strong ability at creating and utilizing data systems to maximize knowledge of donors and to build a pool of prospective donors. Knowledge of fundraising software.
- Ability to plan and implement a variety of fundraising campaigns.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of major gift donors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, and motivate others, and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas.
- Five years successful experience in obtaining increasingly larger gifts, grants, and planned gifts.
- Experience in sophisticated fund-raising settings including capital and annual giving campaigns, scholarship funding, constituent relations, and stewardship of donors.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Strong mission/vision development, strategic planning, and board development experience.
- Experience in marketing, public speaking and group presentations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
Regular contact with the Executive Director, Capital Campaign Fund Development Consultant, Marketing Director, Events & Marketing Coordinator, Camp’s leadership team, Camp alumni, volunteers, other stakeholders, and individuals working within other Diocesan departments.
This position involves administrative functions as well as a strong commitment to maintaining positive community relations. The Director of Development must be able to make decisions requiring analysis among a number of alternatives and must do so in a manner that provides ongoing support to the mission of Camp Ondessonk.
This position coordinates fund development efforts for an entire Diocesan agency.
This position affects the entire organization and ultimately the children and families it serves.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR QUANTIFIABLE MEASURES
The Director of Development is responsible for meeting or exceeding established annual fundraising and development goals. This position requires confidentiality and meticulous attention to detail in all matters.
Please submit resume & cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you!