Queen of Peace Center
The Director of Revenue and Finance is responsible for all aspects of the revenue cycle department including health information management, grants, billing and related accounting. This includes managing the functions and employees to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations. The Director will oversee the billing and revenue cycle functions to expedite reimbursement. The position also manages the oversight and maintenance of the electronic health records. Partnering with the CEO and the CFOO, the Director develops, implements and executes financial policies and strategies and is responsible for the fiscal management of the agency.
* Provide expertise as a key member of the Core Leadership team to include participation in the development and execution of the Strategic Plan(s) and annual budgeting process.
* Present, communicate and facilitate understanding of current and projected financials to the leadership teams and Board of Directors.
* Serve as management staff liaison on the Board of Directors Finance Committee.
* Direct agency financial resources. Supervise the preparation and posting of required journal entries to accurately reflect the financial activity of the agency.
* Have oversight, along with the Finance Committee, of QOPC investment strategy and manages cash and investment transactions.
* Manage and develop a team of professional employees.
* Contribute to the development of new grant and other funding opportunities and provide oversight and management of all financial aspects of grants.
* Ensure all billing functions are compliant with state and federal regulations; oversee all related audits with direct responsibility to develop and implement corrective action plans, if necessary.
* Address annual financial audit requirements of external auditors and work with Archdiocese Accounting and Finance team and the third-party service provider to prepare annual Form 990s.
* Oversee EHR and efficient use of all available tools, modules and reports; work directly with internal * IT department and EHR vendor to resolve system issues.
* Manage payor contracts to ensure accurate billing and reimbursement and projections of annual spending.
* Work collaboratively with other departments to provide education and training and to implement process changes to mitigate claim rejection.
* Collaborate closely with the Archdiocese Accounting and Finance team and the CFOO to address responsibilities for accounting/reporting, budgeting, forecasting, internal controls, and managing cash flows.
* Provide financial analysis and data for all funding sources and contracts.
* Other duties as assigned by Queen of Peace Center CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Training):
Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required; MBA and/or CPA a plus.
Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in accounting/finance in a moderately complex business environment; experience with Healthcare Revenue Cycle preferred.
Excellent financial analysis skills.
Comfortable with medical-based technology and experience overseeing IT.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Experience in a not for profit preferred.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Les Lexow at email@example.com.