Sisters of the Good Shepherd
SISTERS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD
LOCATION: PROVINCE CENTER
JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
ABOUT THE SISTERS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD
The Sisters of the Good Shepherd are an international congregation of women religious founded by St. Mary Euphrasia. There are 3000 sisters around the world and 100 sisters in the Mid-North America Province. To learn more about congregation, please visit our website at sistersofthegoodshepherd.com.
This is a full-time position that will primarily be performed at the Province Center located in Normandy, Missouri. The position will be able to do some remote work but tasks generally are performed at the office. The assistant is in a support role to the Director of Province Administration and the Sisters in Leadership.
The environment requires the candidate to be flexible, detail-oriented, a quick study and a self-starter. The successful candidate will adhere to high levels of professional conduct, personal integrity and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and materials.
ORGANIZATIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the mission, vision and philosophy of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd Province of Mid-North America as demonstrated by the active implementation of the four core values (see below):
• Demonstrates the core value of individual worth by listening and speaking in a professional and respectful way to others and by maintaining confidentiality, acting with discretion, acting in a professional manner and supporting diversity in the workplace;
• Demonstrates the core value of mercy by active listening, accepting direction and forgiving the mistakes and shortcomings of others in the workplace;
• Demonstrates the core value of reconciliation by approaching others in a manner that promotes harmony and cooperation, responding affirmatively to training and disciplinary actions in order to improve performance and better serve, seeking out others with whom there is conflict to resolve issues by applying effective problem solving skills;
• Demonstrates the core value of zeal by putting first the needs of those one serves when at work, e.g., cooperation with scheduling, willingness to take on projects, initiative in improving the workplace.
Qualification Requirements: The ideal candidate is highly organized, mission driven, self-directed, and able to set priorities, meet deadlines, communicate proactively and follow up on assignments with minimum of direction. S/he must be comfortable engaging others to meet objectives. The requirements below represent the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability.
· Education: High school diploma, some college or associate’s degree preferable, 3 years-experience working as an administrative assistant in a professional setting.
· Language Skills: Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation in written and oral communications. Exemplary communication and customer satisfaction skills, including dealing effectively with the women religious, colleagues, and the public in person and over the telephone.
· Personal Attributes: Highly organized, self-motivated, able to perform efficiently with minimal supervision. Good team player with positive attitude. Self-motivated, and resourceful with a professional demeanor. Strong listening skills required.
· Computer Skills: Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs and internet research, have basic computer literacy and understand various social media platforms. Excel skills preferred. Able to send mass mailings, use copier and typical office equipment.
• Provides administrative support to the Director of Province Administration and the Sisters in Leadership;
• Able to set priorities, meet deadlines, communicate proactively
• Maintains confidential files and database, files and retrieves corporate documents, records and reports;
• Maintains contact lists and directories;
• Answers telephone and route calls;
• Filing and general office space management
• Sends out cross-province communications, including but not limited to Prayer Requests, Items of Interest, Flash Memos and letters;
• Coordinates distribution of mail and receipt and sending of packages;
• Coordinates purchasing of office supplies and oversees maintenance of related office equipment;
• Makes travel arrangements for specific persons;
• Prepares for meetings and other events as needed;
• Carries out special projects as assigned;
• Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to stoop, lift/carry/push/move up to twenty-five (25) pounds;
· Ability to alternate between sitting, standing and walking as required by job tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Willingness to support the vision and values of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd
· Ability to multi-task and self-review;
· Awareness of the basic operating structure of the Province;
· Ability to problem solve using detailed analytical reasoning;
· Ability to compute and tabulate accurately and with reasonable speed;
· Ability to work within established operational priorities and positively react to rearranged priorities;
• Low hazards, typical office environment; some remote work also possible.
• Covid-19 vaccine required.
Salary range $18-$21/hour plus benefits
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume by email to Director of Province Administration, Toni Ponder, at email@example.com. No phone calls please. In the subject line, please enter “Administrative Assistant”