Special Olympics Missouri
Visit https://somo.org/about/staff/ for job announcements and complete Application for Employment at http://form.jotform.com/SpecialOlympicsMO/somo-employment-app .
Responsible for raising necessary funds to conduct Special Olympics Missouri (SOMO) quality sports training and competitions for all eligible individuals in the targeted geographic area. The Development Director requires little direction/supervision and works independently.
• Work collaboratively with the Area Program Staff for the overall success of the Area program.
• Develop, manage and meet annual budget expectations.
• Create, plan and implement special event fundraisers as a means of raising revenue and awareness of Special Olympics.
• Develop and optimize Area specific events for maximum exposure.
• Work with regional LETR leadership to support them as they raise funds and awareness.
• Establish and work with organizing committees in order to reach desired fundraising goals and objectives.
• Secure collaborative partnerships and sponsorships within your area, providing account management of rights and benefits that sustain beyond today.
• Research and secure area grant opportunities.
• Provide leadership, assistance, guidance and support to staff and volunteers sufficient to inspire and motivate those individuals to achieve success and strive for excellence in their SOMO activities.
• Coordinate volunteer acquisition, day of training and management for all fundraising events to include managing appropriate paperwork as outlined in the Volunteer Policy.
• Maintain the Area calendar of events, Area Facebook posts, web presence and online volunteer registration system to include details of fundraising opportunities and volunteer opportunities at fundraising events.
• Ensure assigned annual plan objectives are attained.
• Ensure all activities conform to SOI General Rules/SOMO Policies.
• Ensure on-going demonstration of SOMO Guiding Values and related behaviors.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.