The BackStoppers, Inc.
Office Assistant/Data Entry Clerk Job Summary
We are seeking a highly organized and responsible office assistant/data entry clerk to join our organization. In this part-time position, you will perform clerical tasks, assist other staff members, and complete data entry by both typing and scanning information. You will be responsible for transferring data from one source to another through data entry equipment.
Office Assistant/Data Entry Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls, and provide basic organization information
- Perform clerical duties, assist the office staff, photocopy, scan, etc. as needed
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, data, and mailings
- Type documents and letters as needed
- Inventory office supplies
- Enter data into appropriate fields; databases, records, and files
- Transfer data from paper formats via computers and scanners
- Handle numerical data accurately; create, organize, and maintain spreadsheets
- Update databases and records with new information as it becomes available
- Type data directly and accurately; correct and modify inaccurate files and records
- Verify data by correctly checking and comparing source documentation
- Protect confidential and private information and identities of families served, etc.
Office Assistant/Data Entry Clerk Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience in customer, handling office and data entry responsibilities, or related fields
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the organization
- Eager to assist team members when needed to accomplish team goals
- Accurate and fast typist
- Understands data confidentiality principles and follows them to the letter
Send resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.