Girls in the Know
Job Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Pay Classification: Exempt
Weekly Hours/Salary: 40
To empower girls to embrace a strong sense of self. Unlike any other organization, GITK does this through a variety of programs, including a four-part Empowerment Workshop Series led by licensed female professionals in their field delivered to pre-teen girls and trusted adults. GITK strives to be the first step in the journey through adolescence. We are focused on growing our programs and expanding our reach beyond St. Louis.
The Office Administrator is a critical part of the Girls in the Know team. This position supports Girls in the Know at large by implementing administrative functions in support of programming, marketing, and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule staff meetings and manage invitations to all staff
- Communicate with community service organizations, schools, volunteers, board to set-up GITK meetings, events, and other activities as requested by ED (Executive Director)
- Complete special projects from ED as needed
- Manage ED appointment schedule
- Manage correspondence by answering emails and sorting mail
- Assist with the annual Audit process.
- Manage Payroll activities.
- Assist with employees health insurance process.
- Assist in planning and arranging events, including organizing catering
- Handle expenses and billing cycles
- Answer phone calls and transfer them as necessary
- Draft, format, and print relevant documents
- Maintain stock lists and order office supplies as needed
- Manage staff expense requests
- Interact with managers and support other staff members as approved by ED
- Create agendas and take meeting notes
- Assist in purchase orders and invoicing
- Manage outgoing post and record data on special deliveries
- Organize and manage Google Drive, GITK master calendar and oversee board training, board manuals, and board reports
- Photocopy and file appropriate documents physically and electronically as needed
- Attend workshops and conferences when requested
- Provide technical support and assist with website updates and social media as needed.
- Perform administrative duties as needed to include, but not limited to writing correspondence, mailings, updating donor database and on-going communication with various customers, volunteers, donors and business leaders.
- Manage gift processing procedures, including gift entry and acknowledgment letters to donors within 24-48 hours of receipt of gift online or via mail
- Manage communication and administrative functions for Advisory Council volunteer group, Development Committee and Knowledge & Power Event Committee
- Track metrics for donors moves management through maintenance of dashboard and updates of reporting as necessary
- Assist with personalized donor stewardship for all gifts from tier 3 donors or others as assigned
Embracing & Managing Change
- Initiate new ideas and improve efficiencies for GITK.
- Embrace a team mentality and work together with others to achieve goals.
- Assist with staff training in new policies and procedures
Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Work effectively with other departments to achieve GITK goals and communicate to various stakeholders.
- Identify key messages to inform case for support alongside Sr. Development Manager, Program Impact Coordinator, and Marketing Consultant, and ensure that language is consistent
- Manage various database systems such as Bloomerang to aid stewardship/cultivation of all tiers and personally manage Tier 3 donor group cultivation, moves and stewardship.
- Manage communications with the Advisory Council group, Development Committee, and Knowledge & Power Event Committee.
Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Research, develop, and implement industry and Girls in the Know best practices to improve database management, systems, and reporting.
- Tracking metrics for moves management through maintenance of dashboard and updates of reporting as necessary.
Planning and Implementation
- Implement new projects and initiatives as decided by Senior Staff.
- Support Development Manager in updating grants calendar, assist with writing grant reports, applications, and impact reports outside scope of grant-writing consultant.
- Update, finalize, and format in-house attachments for grant applications. Examples include funding sources, agency overview, board list, etc.
- Manage the administrative duties for giving clubs, including I Am Enough Community and Hermann Family Society.
- Manage the administrative duties for the Advisory Council, Development Committee, Knowledge & Power Event Committee, Nominating Committee, Strategic Planning Committee, and Diversity Equity Inclusion Committee
- Manage the administrative duties for the annual Knowledge & Power event.
Participate in professionals’ groups
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the area of education, social work, or nonprofit management
- Excellent project management skills necessary to handle responsibilities that transcend organizational areas
- Prior office management experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Familiar with donor databases/CRMs, specifically Bloomerang, to ensure constituent files are current and systems are utilized in day-to-day operations
- Strong record keeping skills
- Presentation skills, including welcoming guests to events;
- Ability to multitask
- Charismatic, personable, and motivational in working with youth and volunteers
- Highly professional demeanor
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured motor vehicle.
- Experience in with personalized donor stewardship and relationship building a plus
Experience working within CRMs or Donor Databases such as Raiser’s Edge, Bloomerang, SalesForce, etc.
Full-time (40) hours, participation in early morning, evening, and weekend meetings and events will be required as needed. Employees are expected to work 80% of their work hours within regular “core” business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 am 5:00 and 3-4 days per week in a shared office space. Employees may work up to 20% of their work hours virtually using a Girl in the Know technology platform.
Frequently move, transport, position equipment up to 30 pounds for various event needs.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time indoors (up to 6 hours)
Employees carry materials, boxes, display equipment and help set-up and break down events
Supports Sr. Development Manager in managing any interns and their assigned duties/responsibilities.
- Calendar management – consistently updating weekly
- Sending communications to the board as determined including board updates every Friday and board meeting materials two-three days ahead
- Develop a checklist and utilize for all work tasks performed.
- Serve as staff lead of the following committees as appointed by ED: Nominating Committee, Development Committee, Strategic Planning Committee, and Diversity Equity Inclusion Committee
- Every GITK employee is responsible for contributing to the organizational goals including supporting the Sr. Development Manager in all administrative functions related to meeting the Annual Fundraising Goal of $411,355
- Support with leadership of K&P Committee, including administrative functions, meeting planning (agendas, invites), individual member communications and follow up, and acting as a point of contact for the event planner
- Support the Development and Marketing efforts through administrative functions, including strategy and improvements to CRM use, providing a monthly review and report on team usage
- Possess an understanding of organizational goals, attending an annual development training
- Follow-up with those who express interest via firstname.lastname@example.org account within 48 hours
- Send handwritten TY notes following meetings, for stakeholder birthdays and other milestones within one week, and coordinating donor gifts for tiered donors within 3 days of event
- Process donations, make deposits, enter gifts in database, and send tax letters for all gifts received within 24-48 hours of receipt
The position is full time (40hrs/week) with a competitive benefit package including medical insurance and optional dental and vision insurance. Salary is commensurate with experience. Salary range is $30,000 – $32,000 with possible opportunities for promotion to reflect growth.
Applications will be accepted through January 21, 2022
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and two-three writing samples
Attn: Kristen Carroll
Subject: Office Administrator
For more information about our organization, please visit our website at www.girlsintheknow.org