St. Louis Area Foodbank
Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Leadership Partner: President & CEO
Team Members: Philanthropy, Marketing and Advocacy Teams
What you’ll do in your role:
This is an exciting new opportunity for a visionary leader, compelling communicator, strategic advisor, and innovative thinker who gains energy from building and strengthening relationships across a large and diverse geographic area. As the Chief Development Officer (CDO), you’ll have an opportunity to lead all philanthropic and marketing activities including but not limited to major gifts, individual giving, planned giving, corporate relations, government and private foundation grants, and marketing and communications. You will report to the President and CEO and serve as an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). Here’s a closer look at the position:
- You will design and implement a long-term, broad-based philanthropic giving and marketing strategy that maximizes impact and longevity of the organization
- You will develop the case, build the strategy, and execute a comprehensive plan and compelling vision to expand the network of support for our mission
- You will develop an organizational marketing and communications plan to increase visibility, volunteers, engagement, and outcomes for our strategic plan
- You will innovate to create marketing initiatives to support engagement of a diverse group of potential supporters to the Foodbank ages 5-105.
- You will supervise State Tax Credits program and assist in processing gifts of appreciated securities to aid in positive relationships with major gift donors
- You will partner with the Chief Financial Officer to champion cross functional communication and transparency regarding monthly reconciliation and accountability efforts for all financial reporting, ensuring accuracy of all data
- You will manage the Planned Giving and Endowment Programs, cultivating and creating long term revenue streams for long term financial growth and stability
- You will recruit, train, and develop a focused, innovative team of professionals in the Philanthropy, Marketing and Advocacy Departments- providing coaching and mentoring to develop the next generation of leaders
- You will attend meetings with the Board of Directors and lead while serving as staff lead for the Board’s Philanthropy and Marketing committee.
The experience you’ll bring:
So, what do you need to be successful in this role? We seek a leader with exemplary leadership history, a high degree of personal and professional integrity, strong emotional intelligence, and a deep knowledge of all aspects of Philanthropy AND Marketing. You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university (Masters preferred) with emphasis in marketing, communications, business, or nonprofit administration
- 15 years of experience in non-profit fundraising, with 5+ years of major donor fundraising and proven results for generating new revenue streams
- 10 years of experience in marketing and communications with proven leadership in designing and leading strategy and campaigns to appeal to diverse audiences
- Visionary leader who can develop team members to assume positions of increased responsibility with an evolving and growing non-profit organization while creating a great organizational culture
- Active affiliations with appropriate fundraising networks and organizations.
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of Raisers Edge NXT strongly preferred
The impact you’ll make:
Building stronger communities by empowering people with food and hope.
At the St. Louis Area Foodbank, we are working to create a stronger, healthier bi-state region where no one goes to bed hungry. With the dedicated partnership of over 600 hunger-relief programs and local agencies – including soup kitchens, food pantries, shelters, and residential programs – we are responding to hunger in communities across 26 counties in Missouri and Illinois by distributing food to more than 400,000 people every year.
Since opening in 1975, and with the tremendous support and generosity of this community, the St. Louis Area Foodbank has grown to become our region’s largest food distribution charity dedicated to feeding those in need. Together, we are feeding people and working to address the root causes of hunger for lasting impact every day.
What we can offer you…
Beyond a great mission, dedicated team members and an incredible opportunity to truly make a difference in our community, you will be generously rewarded for your contributions including:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
- 403b plan with amazing company match
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, and more!)
We work hard, play hard and change lives – so apply to join our Foodbank Family!
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Performance of other duties may be requested. Evaluations will be in part based upon performance of the tasks listed in this job description. St. Louis Area Foodbank has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment.
To apply, please click on the link below: