Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Starting $55k, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health (medical, dental, vision) insurance, life insurance, abortion coverage, retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, paid family and medical leave, education benefit and professional development opportunities, hybrid work community, remote work reimbursement
Status: Full-time exempt position (40 hours)
Location: St. Louis, MO
Pro-Choice Missouri is dedicated to building and sustaining a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee reproductive health, rights, and justice for every Missourian, including but not limited to preventive care, family planning, sexuality education, maternity/birthing parent care, and accessible, legal abortion. Pro-Choice Missouri is a grassroots 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. Two additional affiliated organizations help advance Pro-Choice Missouri’s mission. The Pro-Choice Missouri Foundation conducts public education and research intended to increase public awareness of relevant reproductive health, rights, and justice issues. The Pro-Choice Missouri PAC is the political action committee that conducts direct electoral work with and for pro-choice candidates.
Pro-Choice Missouri seeks a creative, energetic, and strategic person to fulfill the role of the Development Director. The Development Director will be responsible for leading the creation and execution of all development activities including the organizations’ comprehensive development plan. The Development Director will play a critical role in identifying, qualifying, soliciting, and stewarding new and existing donors across Missouri to expand the base of support for the advocacy, educational, and political activities of Pro-Choice Missouri, Pro-Choice Missouri Foundation and Pro-Choice Missouri PAC. Relevant activities will include grant research, writing, and management, network building, prospective donor research, planning and managing fundraising events, and providing overall leadership in executing all fundraising activities and events.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to develop and implement a plan with measurable goals to support and monitor the organization’s revenue growth
- Build and maintain positive relationships with individual donors, grant funders, vendors, and community stakeholders
- Manage an annual grants calendar including writing and updating grant applications and reports; conducting prospecting research and outreach to possible funders
- Lead planning and execution of fundraising events, including annual signature gala
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop and manage consistent messaging and create content for email communications, direct mail, program reports, and other fundraising collateral
- Act as liaison to Development and Governance committees of the NARAL Missouri Board(s) of Directors
- Other duties as needed
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and skills
- Strong commitment to reproductive rights and social, racial, and economic justice
- Minimum 3 years fundraising experience, including donor research and development, and grants management, proposal development, and needs assessment
- Willingness to occasionally work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience planning and conducting trainings and facilitating meetings
- Solid experience in customer relations management systems (CRM), voter management systems (i.e. VAN, or Catalist, etc.), and Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of development environment of Missouri
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Superior work ethic
- Ability to independently manage several projects at one time, set priorities and follow a strategic plan
- Flexibility in work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically and to build positive relationships with supporters, staff, volunteers, board members, and diverse Pro-Choice Missouri membership
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is February 21st, 2022
Pro-Choice Missouri values and respects diversity in its many forms: race, ethnicity, national origin, ability, class, faith, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and experience. We welcome a broad array of applicants. Inclusivity is important to our mission and daily work.
Pro-Choice Missouri is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender association, gender expression, marital status, military status or physical or mental disability.
The Pro-Choice Missouri team is committed to protecting our team and our community. All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, OR SKILLS FOR THIS POSITION AND IS SUBJECT TO REVIEW AND CHANGE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE NEEDS OF THE ORGANIZATION.