About LifeWise StL:
LifeWise StL is a social services agency on the near south side of St. Louis City. We were founded in 1902 as a settlement house. Our mission is to help individuals and families achieve economic well-being by providing high-impact, relationship-based programming and by addressing systemic barriers to their success.
In support of our mission, Youth Development team members develop relationships with young people and offer academic support, enrichment activities, social support, and resources to help scholars mitigate potential barriers to their success.
LifeWise StL is seeking an individual with a degree in Education, Counseling or Social Work to lead its Young Scholars Program. The Coordinator will oversee staff (after school activity leaders, van drivers, tutors, interns, summer program staff, etc.) and will work with the Director to set the direction of the department. The Coordinator will implement the program to ensure the success of our school-aged youth. The ideal candidate is highly organized and has a passion for working with underserved youth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, screen, hire, and train after school and summer part-time staff
- Provide daily supervision and support for after school and summer staff
- Recruit and enroll youth
- Provide case management and advocacy to program participants and their families
- Coordinate and manage daily site activities, including scheduling and monitoring scholar pick up and drop off.
- Serve as Project Director for Children’s Defense Fund Freedom Schools
- Maintain the safety of all students on site
- Monitor Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Submit monthly meal reports and maintain paperwork.
- Ensure staff have necessary supplies and equipment to do their job
- Tracking attendance (outputs)
- Tracking program outcomes (assessments/surveys)
- Input and approve staff payroll
- Review and maintain necessary paperwork and documentation for licensing
- Provide transportation for students using agency 15 passenger vans as needed
- Maintain participant enrollment files
- Maintain van paperwork (including the driving schedule, routes, and daily log sheets)
- Monitor program expenditures
- Other duties as assigned
- LifeWise StL staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 3 to 5 years working with school-aged youth, preferably in an after school setting
- Facilitation skills
- Flexibility – can adjust to change with a positive attitude
- Mental agility – can think quickly, make sound decisions, and improvise when things do not go as planned
- Initiative – highly motivated, self-starter able to recognize and implement tasks before being asked
- Creativity – ability to think outside the box and bring ideas to life in new ways
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations
- Must obtain Class E endorsement on driver’s license
- Must pass criminal background checks
- Master’s Degree in Education, Counseling or Social Work
- 1 year of administrative experience that includes financial management responsibilities
- Previous experience working in after school and summer programs
- Previous experience tracking outputs and outcomes
- Extensive knowledge and sensitivity toward needs, opportunities, and resources available for youth
How to Apply:
It is the policy of LifeWise StL to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable laws.
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please write “Young Scholars Program Coordinator.”