Lutheran Hour Ministries
Are you looking for a career that checks all the boxes? A career that motivates and stretches your talent? A career that offers you the flexibility to pursue growth and accomplishment while maintaining a balance to continue to pour into your passions? A calling that gives purpose and meaning to your life while helping others around the globe eternally change theirs? We know you have options out there that will check most of the boxes, but at Lutheran Hour Ministries, we believe that not only do you deserve to have them all, but that you need them all. When your career aligns with your values and goals, you are empowered to grow and succeed!
Allow us to introduce ourselves: Lutheran Hour Ministries is a trusted resource in global media that equips and engages a vibrant volunteer base to passionately proclaim the Gospel to more than 150 million people worldwide each week. Through its North American headquarters and ministry centers on six continents, LHM reaches into more than 60 countries, often bringing Christ to places where no other Christian evangelistic organizations are present.
Reporting to the COO, the Executive Assistant works closely with LHM’s President & CEO and COO, serving as a support unit in scheduling and coordinating details of both executives’ calendars and communications. As a key ministry partner, this individual plays a significant role in managing logistical details so that both executives can focus on strategic development and decision making. The Executive Assistant also works closely with the organization’s Board of Directors and Foundation Board of Trustees, providing support, structure, and consistency to ensure that both entities function efficiently and effectively.
Location: While remote work options are available, the Executive Assistant is still expected to live in the greater St. Louis area.
The Executive Assistant exercises initiative and independent judgment in:
- Managing the schedules and daily activities for both the President & CEO and the COO, both in the office and while traveling.
- Managing the coordination of scheduling, determining location, and preparation of materials for internal and off-site Board and Executive leadership strategic planning, business planning, and business operation meetings.
- Managing internal and off-site leadership meetings, including scheduling, determining location, and preparing materials.
- Anticipating the needs of both executives and responding, preparing, and planning accordingly.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Five years administrative support experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently.
- Ability to expertly handle varied duties simultaneously while maintaining order and meeting deadlines.
- Proactive self-starter
- Level-headed, independent judgement.
- Advanced experience in making travel arrangements, both domestic and international; monitoring/anticipating executive travel for necessary itinerary changes; using good judgement in balancing the executives’ time, travel, and professional commitments; and being proactive in managing all aspects of the executives’ calendars.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Able to effectively work with outside departments as well as international partners, remembering differences in culture.
- Executive-level written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience managing expenses and monitoring budgets.
- Excellent, detail-oriented grammatical, proofreading, composition, and editing skills.
- Experience managing multiple calendars.
- A Christian servant’s heart and one who will serve with joy and will lead other people to serve with joy as well.
- Supportive of and enthusiastic about LHM’s unique mission and ministry.
- Experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
The above listing is a full-time position with benefits through Concordia Plan Services. (See www.concordiaplans.org for benefit details: The Church’s Plan.)
For more information on Lutheran Hour Ministries, please visit www.lhm.org.
Applicants can apply online at https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/LUTHHOUR.careers?ShowJob=453172803