Catholic Urban Programs
Mission: Guided by the principles of Catholic social teaching, we advance human dignity, remediate the effects of poverty, and empower people to become self-sufficient through crisis intervention, housing security, and out-of-school time programs.
Vision: To break the cycle of poverty and rekindle hope in those we serve.
Impact Statement: Most individuals and families served by Catholic Urban Programs have experienced the impacts of poverty in some way throughout their lives. People experiencing generational poverty often lack resources, tools, knowledge, and role models for building greater capacity for themselves and their children. Our social service programs work in collaboration to help meet the needs of our community’s most vulnerable while providing them with the necessary resources to “create new cycles.” We aim to grow our clients’ knowledge and skill, reduce barriers, address root causes, and foster positive and accountable relationships in hopes to break the cycle of poverty in our community.
About the Team: At CUP, we recognize that to break the cycle we must create a new one. Join us to create a new cycle of your own and be a part of a small team forging a new path for ourselves and our community. Our team values compassion, integrity, and dedication – we strive to serve all in need with an open mind, love, and willingness to adapt.
Benefits (Full-time): We offer a variety of benefits to our full-time employees, such as health (the majority of employee premiums covered by CUP), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, retirement, voluntary life insurance, long-term disability coverage, 403-b retirement plan with a generous employer match, 19 paid holidays, 10 days of vacation (opportunity to earn up to 20 days dependent on length of service), and sick pay. Employees also have access to professional development opportunities for continued learning and growth.
Benefits (Full-time – Director Level): Directors are also granted a flexible work schedule, access to professional development tools, and occasional remote work flexibility.
Location: Catholic Urban Programs, located in East St. Louis Illinois
The Catholic Urban Programs Development Director is responsible for leading all development activities to raise funding for the organization’s operations and programs. The position develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive fundraising and marketing plan to expand support of the organization – including identifying and strengthening relationships with community stakeholders; actively pursuing, and managing corporate and individual leads; foster strong donor stewardship; and strategically seeking, applying for, and managing grant funding. Additionally, this position plans and produces CUP fundraising and community events. The Development Director will be vital to the growth and success of CUP’s programs and mission.
· Designs and implements a comprehensive Development Funding and Marketing Plan annually which maintains the fiscal health of the organization and provides strategies for future growth. Plan elements include strategies to diversify and grow funding sources, build community awareness, and advance the mission and vision of CUP.
· Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards prospective and existing donors.
· Creates and maintains a detailed prospect management plan for donor prospects, including schedule for outreach, donor visits, and communications.
· Manages grants, including researching strategic grant options, writing grant proposals, maintaining the grant calendar, tracking budgets and outcomes, and submitting reports in a timely manner.
· Designs, implements, and manages all aspects of the annual appeal campaigns with an emphasis on initiatives to increase donor retention and acquisition.
· Plans and produces special events which are designed to achieve income and community engagement objectives.
· Maintains Donor Perfect, the donor database program, and is responsible for data entry and reports.
· Analyzes donor reports monthly to provide a summary report to the Executive Director related to development progress and action plans to maintain or exceed fundraising goals and growth.
· Manages all gifts’ acknowledgment, recognition, and tracking.
· Oversees branding, image, and consistency of messaging; designs and produces all fundraising, marketing, and outreach strategies/materials including website content, direct mail, newsletters, social media posts, signage, and more.
· Engages the Board of Directors and Fundraising Committee to support the Development Fund and Marketing Plan.
· Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all CUP’s programs and work closely with program staff on fundraising, volunteer recruitment, and grant writing efforts.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience in marketing, communications, business or nonprofit administration, or other related fields.
· 5+ years’ experience and proven success in non-profit fundraising.
· Experience in developing, implementing, and managing annual development plans to secure major gifts; increase annual, corporate and/or planned giving; produce successful events; and earn grant funding.
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff, community, board, and donors.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with ingenuity and initiative; self-motivated to take the lead on responsibilities and meet deadlines.
· Comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Strategic planning, analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and leadership skills
· Superb written and verbal communication and excellent listening skills.
· Solid planning, organizational, time management and project management skills.
· Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
· Knowledge and use of Office 365, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Knowledge and use of graphic design software, such as Canva, preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of fundraising and donor tracking systems and reports preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Majority of work is completed in an office setting while sitting
· Occasionally lift, push, pull, carry up to 25 pounds
· Required to travel to various site locations
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.
To Apply, Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject Line “Development Director Position”