About LifeWise StL:
LifeWise StL is a social services agency on the near south side of St. Louis City. We were founded in 1902 as a settlement house. Our mission is to help individuals and families achieve economic well-being by providing high-impact, relationship-based programming and by addressing systemic barriers to their success.
In support of our mission, Youth Development team members develop relationships with young people and offer academic support, enrichment activities, life skills training, job skill development activities, social support, and resources to help scholars mitigate potential barriers to their success.
LifeWise StL is searching for a full-time Alumni Advisor for its LifeWise Academy alumni program. The alumni program works on college retention, career assistance, and continued life skills development for graduates of LifeWise Academy (a high school and post-secondary success program for students in the St. Louis area). Staff hours are adjusted to meet the needs of the young adults and assist with Youth Development events, some evenings and weekends are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and guidance to ~100 college age young adults.
- Offer support to alumni at least once per month in person or by phone to discuss school, goals, career interests, needs, etc.
- Help alumni identify goals and the steps to achieving them.
- Guide alumni to meaningful employment after college or job training, by connecting them to career opportunities.
- Connect alumni to other LifeWise StL staff and area businesses for additional support, resources, and opportunities.
- Host alumni events, including Adulting 101 (monthly life skills building session), community service, and social events.
- Lead and strengthen the LifeWise Academy Alumni Advisory Board – hosting regular board meetings and using board input to build alumni programming.
- Maintain accurate participant files, including attendance, using the agency database (currently Efforts to Outcomes/ETO).
- Build and maintain a social media presence as an avenue to connect and communicate with Alumni and LifeWise Academy scholars.
- Build relationships with and serve as an additional resource for LifeWise Academy scholars.
- Facilitate summer enrichment opportunities for high school juniors and seniors.
- Provide support as needed for Children’s Defense Fund Freedom Schools.
- Provide transportation for students using the agency 15 passenger van as needed.
- Research and support the acquisition of additional resources to support scholars.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- LifeWise StL staff collaborate with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Creativity – ability to think outside the box and bring ideas to life in new ways
- Flexibility – can adjust to change with a positive attitude
- Mental agility – can think quickly, make sound decisions, and improvise when things do not go as planned
- Initiative – highly motivated, self-started able to recognize and implement tasks before being asked
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations
- Must obtain Class E endorsement on driver’s license within 90 days of employment
- Must pass criminal background checks
- Previous experience building relationships with high school students
- Previous experience facilitating life skills classes
How to Apply:
It is the policy of LifeWise StL to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable laws.
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Alumni Advisor.”