ST Francis Community Center - Southside
Director of Immigrant Services Position
St. Francis Community Services has an opening for a Director of Immigrant Services in the Southside location. The Director provides direction and leadership toward achievement of the agency’s mission and goals of providing culturally and linguistically accessible social services to the immigrant community. The Director oversees delivery and quality of agency programming, including oversight of case management, Vietnamese Health Clinic, mental health counseling, new arrivals program, and after-school programming, with a special focus on the Latino and Vietnamese populations. The Director coordinates site operations, including quality, budget and outcome reporting; supervises personnel; supports fundraising efforts and grant management; and conducts outreach and partnership development in the community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, strengthen, and support programming for the immigrant community.
- Hire, train, supervise, and manage site personnel and volunteers, including employee performance goals and evaluations. Cultivate staff’s professional and leadership skills and handle personnel issues.
- Evaluate and select culturally and linguistically appropriate output and outcome measurement tools for multiple programs. Analyze outputs and outcomes to make adjustments in programming.
- Manage program and site quality assurance by writing and supervising implementation of policy and procedures.
- Manage the site’s budget in conjunction with the agency controller. Oversee development activities for programs, including identifying funding opportunities, grant writing and compliance, and funder relationships. Collaborate on agency and site-specific fundraising events.
- Serve on St. Francis Community Services leadership team responsible for shaping organizational vision and direction. Consult and advise executive board members on programmatic and agency matters.
- Conduct community outreach to raise the profile of the agency and assure the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders. Grow and maintain strong partnerships and represent the agency in collaborative efforts.
Knowledge and Expertise Requirements
- A minimum of five years of direct experience in a social service or mental health setting providing outreach and support to individuals and/or families, with at least two years of supervisory and program management experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing data-driven strategies and problem solving.
- Bilingual (oral and written) Spanish and English.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of the Spanish- and Vietnamese-speaking populations in St. Louis.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of trauma and trauma-informed practices.
- Understanding of immigrant-specific social service needs and barriers to service.
- Experience writing grants and managing grant contracts.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with community stakeholders, families, parishes, St. Francis Community Services staff, and funding entities.
- Ability to work effectively in a community-based environment serving diverse clients.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Ann Marie Schwein, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.